• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News on Continental

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haven't heard anything in the last couple of weeks about any 757-300s. When I was at the schoolhouse, they said 2 for sure and maybe all 4.

Furloughing 450 would take it back to Jan 07. My buddy hired then told me the notices are going out already to furlough 450. Sucks!

Yours is probably more accurate. We were using the most recent seniority list, which must be a few months old apparently.

I'm a March 3rd, 2007 hire. I looked at the June bid awards and subtracted my system seniority # from the most junior EWR FO's system seniority. It shows me 473 from the bottom. I guess there are still some pilots who are finishing up training and have not bid in PBS yet. But I'm sure that number is pretty close.
I might take a COLA just to keep from getting displaced to EWR. The IAH-EWR commute sux.

Hey Deceptibum, how do you like the 75 up in EWR.

Last edited:
If you take a COLA, does that mean you are not eligible for unemployment for your state? If you are furloughed, I'm certain most states will pay you unemployment. However, furloughs mean the company has to pay part of your unemployment compensation.

I would check for sure, but technically you are not furloughed. You are on a leave of absent when you take COLA.

Guys and Gals just want to let you know, that these numbers that I have stated before, may or may not be true. These are numbers that I'm hearing from Line Pilots, Check Airman, and others saying a P2P guy told me these in the crew room. Take it for what it's worth. This is a message board to gossip.

I don't get it. 70 of the bottom 400ish are on the 757. The majority are making $30/hr. The bottom 20 don't even have paid medical yet. All of the positions will have to be filled by 737 pilots. It sounds like a lot of costly training cycles to me. I am not sure there would be any benefit unless it was to last a couple years. I don't think that is possible due to the 200+ pilots a year turning 60. The lump sums will go down in November and further down each year as they change over to the corporate bond rate.

According to Continental's latest SEC filing, they did not account for adding any 757-300s, as they did for the additional 737/777s. Hope this helps...

Latest resources

Back