BREAKING NEWS about UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USC131

United Airlines To Park Up to 70 Aircraft, Behead Ted, and Announce Headquarters' Layoffs

More details Tuesday................:(

Source is Planebuzz.com....

United Airlines To Park Up to 70 Aircraft, Behead Ted, and Announce Headquarters' Layoffs

Our informed sources tell us this afternoon (hey, I'm on Pacific time) that we should hear more details Tuesday on United's plans to contract.
On the cutting board (and I know this is going to upset Cranky Flier immeasurably) will be Theodore, better known as yet another tried and then discarded airline within an airline adventure. Yes, you all know the adventure as "Ted."
Secondly, we're told that the airline will announce the grounding of at least 70 aircraft.
Layoffs? Did someone say layoffs? (A nod to Coach Jim Mora there...)
Yes. We're hearing at least 1500 folks are going to be on the short end of pink slips at UAUA headquarters.

Ouch!

Sounds like Airbus crews could be hit first if TED shuts down. I thought I heard the 737-500s were targeted for departure? Unfortunately not too surprising given UAL's inability to find a dance partner and Tilton's lack of leadership.

Good luck to all involved!

This is just the start folks

They are reaching trigger points fairly quickly and at some point will make some pretty quick decisions to preserve remaining cash to get their promised bonus.

And SWA will replace as many of those seats as humanely possible.

These are not capacity cuts, it is a transfer of flying.

If capacity cuts are whats needed then we are all screwed, sans SWA.

Latest resources

Back