• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking Colgan Alpa News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like the trend is to promote the guys from CPG.com into Managment positions. This is the case for sure with at least one individual (D.B.). If the trend continues we have a good idea at the future here at this company. These PCL managment are so ego/greed driven to be the "biggest, best, (insert adjective here), etc... airline that they are going to run the whole damned thing into the ground. Leaving trend marks on the back of some DAMNED GOOD pilots! And, believe me folks that aren't at CJC we have a lot of really good people here, just not enough to follow thru.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

what do you think was the biggest obstacle to convincing people to vote for ALPA?

I really don't know and appreciate serious responses.

probably some folks see unions as not useful when a company can declare bankruptcy and have a judge throw a union contract out the window.

probably some folks see unions as not useful when a company can declare bankruptcy and have a judge throw a union contract out the window.

If representation did not exisit then there would be no need to see a judge... becuase there would be no contract... pay rates and work rules would have changed long ago... there would be no need for BK...

I suggest Hard Landing.... a great read.... the number one rule of Situatonal Awareness is knowing where you've been..

Hmmm, nothing on the ALPA website about it. Not even a concessionary speech, Prater? Face it, y'all blew it.

Glad they wasted our dues money on YET ANOTHER failed, half-assed recruiting campaign. Wait until the vote comes out at Skywest. You'd die if you knew how much money they've dumped on that one.

Hmmm, nothing on the ALPA website about it. Not even a concessionary speech, Prater? Face it, y'all blew it.

Glad they wasted our dues money on YET ANOTHER failed, half-assed recruiting campaign. Wait until the vote comes out at Skywest. You'd die if you knew how much money they've dumped on that one.

Blew it? Half-assed? Where do you get this crap? These guys worked their asses off for this drive. I was there to see it for the first several months of the campaign. "Half-assed" is the last word that should be used to describe their efforts.

As for Skywest, I'm not confident in a victory, but I'm still hopeful that the Skywest pilots will make the right decision. The events in SAPA over the last few months have hopefully shown them exactly what SAPA really is: a management-backed front-group that serves no purpose other than doing management's dirty work. Regardless, hundreds of Skywest pilots have been educated about ALPA and unions in general, so it's been money well spent. And yes, I do know how much money has been "dumped" into the campaign.

Glad they wasted our dues money on YET ANOTHER failed, half-assed recruiting campaign. quote]

I don't think I would look at ALPA. Look at the 155 colgan pilots who didn't vote.

clarification

Just a quick question about the FO who is going to get his 1000hrs PIC and then "get out of there". Where exactly are you going to go that is such a dream job? I can think of plently of RJ captains at numerous airlines that have well over that time, but are still there. Most want out, but there are very few jobs compared to the masses that apply. Sounds good in theory, but just because you get that magic 1000hrs, it doesn't mean what it once did.
Just my thoughts on it.

Interesting...at least 95% of the posts on this thread are supporting the ALPA at Colgan...yet they still lost. I guess that shows how biased the posters are on Flightinfo really are....and apparently out of touch with what most pilots see in regards to ALPA's effectivness as a positive force in our lives. Makes me pretty sure that ALPA at Skywest will fail again...given the pro ALPA group at Flightinfo is only about 85% of the posters on Skywest threads..it will probably be a landslide defeat for ALPA....and remember any vote at all is a vote FOR ALPA...the best way to say no is NOT TO VOTE at all..just like Colgan pilots did.

Skywest vote will fail by a larger margin.... ALPA still doesn't get it.... They have nothing to offer the "regional" folks....

Maybe if they solve the problem of regionals bidding against one another and actually deliver some true "brand scope", things may change..... until then it will be status quo....

ALPA has failed the regional "portfolio" pilot and the majority of regional pilots understand that.....

Skywest vote will fail by a larger margin.... ALPA still doesn't get it.... They have nothing to offer the "regional" folks....

Maybe if they solve the problem of regionals bidding against one another and actually deliver some true "brand scope", things may change..... until then it will be status quo....

ALPA has failed the regional "portfolio" pilot and the majority of regional pilots understand that.....

Good job Joe! You've succeded in showing us your limited ability to only see your needs and dwell on your bitterness... Why is it Fins can speak intelligently but you argue like an pouting five year old...

Latest resources

Back