• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazilian official's quote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Rice is in the Middle East and there was no immediate response to the letter. However, the State Department said if the pilots were allowed to leave and were later charged, there is an extradition treaty between the two countries. Spokesman Tom Casey said confiscating passports is standard procedure in Brazil".
that's fancy typing there...all you have to do is google brazil american extradition treaty. It should pop up. Do it for us now, because I already did and the only thing that popped up was a treaty for drug traffickers.

The us government can make a promise to return the pilots in the event of a trial...if they agree to it in writing, some would call that a treaty as well.

How is 9/11 the "worst" terrorist attack in history...it looked pretty successful to me.

quote]

Are you sick? It's not that hard to understand the meaning of the post. As Americans and Patriots we choose to use the word "worst", you obviously choose otherwise.

"in history" is presumptive and "terrorist" has an easily manipulated definition.

Some would say that Hitler's invasion of Poland was the "worst" terrorist attack in history, others might argue...especially some of those Cherokee looking doods.

that's fancy typing there...all you have to do is google brazil american extradition treaty. It should pop up. Do it for us now, because I already did and the only thing that popped up was a treaty for drug traffickers.

The us government can make a promise to return the pilots in the event of a trial...if they agree to it in writing, some would call that a treaty as well.

Look, this is from the State Department. It's much more solid than anything out of the mouths of the brazilian officials. In case you didn't know, they are not the most corrupt free government......not that many are, but I'll trade any country for American law and justice.

"in history" is presumptive and "terrorist" has an easily manipulated definition.

Some would say that Hitler's invasion of Poland was the "worst" terrorist attack in history, others might argue...especially some of those Cherokee looking doods.

Semantics. This is an aviation web board. Our generation witnessed the worst terrorist attack in history. My energy cannot be wasted arguing with people like you....I will defer the last word on this to you.

Look, this is from the State Department. It's much more solid than anything out of the mouths of the brazilian officials. In case you didn't know, they are not the most corrupt free government......not that many are, but I'll trade any country for American law and justice.

Lets start with facts:

From the Embassy of the United States (Brazil):

http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=1937&submenu=7&itemmenu=58

Extradition:

An extradition treaty between the United States and Brazil was signed on January 13, 1961 and implemented on February 11, 1965. The treaty allows both countries to request the return of individuals if the offense(s) committed are considered crimes by both countries. "Voluntary" extradition is not included in the extradition treaty.

All extradition cases are decided by the Supreme Court, with an average waiting period of one to two years. During this waiting period, the individual remains in the custody of the Federal Police and is entitled to receive consular visits.

Lets start with facts:

From the Embassy of the United States (Brazil):

Then thank your lucky stars you live in a country that doesn't consider accidents as criminal acts.

I know I said I would defer the last word, sorry ....go ahead...this time I mean it...maybe....

Then thank your lucky stars you live in a country that doesn't consider accidents as criminal acts.

I know I said I would defer the last word, sorry ....go ahead...this time I mean it...maybe....

Here's a copy of one of the two US/Brazil treaties available at a law firm's website:

http://www.internationalextradition.com/brazil_bi.htm

Scroll down to "Article II" the list of crimes in the treaty.

In order for the two pilots to be extradited out of the US, they would have to be alleged to have committed one or more of those crimes. Anything else doesn't exist in this treaty.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back