• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brazil TAM Airlines Flight 3054 CVR Released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how the public would react if they "Knew" that the pilots aren't really in control of the metal tube they're sitting in?

Donsa320, I think you need to update your MEL. It now requires both reversers to be used after touchdown even if one is inop to comply with the MEL. PPrune has over 1000 posts faulting the crew for using the older procedure of leaving the inop TR in idle. Thank God I'm a Boeing guy. The pilot controls everything.

I dunno, I checked with Airbus MIA and you can get forward thrust if you select reverse thrust with an inop reverser.
I only had one inop reverse situation in my former life and I let the auto-brakes do it all.

As to Boeing, I guess the MDW reverse accident did not happen.

No system substitutes for pilot system knowlege, and/ or poor flying technique.IMHO.

Enjoy your career. :)

Don

Hi Don.
If you make a statement about something in which you obviously have no clue what you're talking about it makes you look like a total moron. Just keep that in mind in the future.

The swa mdw accident had NOTHING to do with the thrust reverser or boeing systems.

It was supposed to fly into the trees and burst into flames?

It may have done what it was programmed to do, but it didn't do what the pilot expected it to do...

Yes it was supposed to land. The approach was made to a 2500ft turf runway. The trees were at the end. When the company checkpilot/captain realized he wasn't getting an Alpha floor and went to TOGA power manually, the N1 only got to 85% when the trees kinda slowed them down. Yes he had the stick full back but Alpha Protection prevented a stall and limited the pitch attitude accordingly.

You can paint any airplane into a corner from which there is no escape.

Don.

Hi Don.
If you make a statement about something in which you obviously have no clue what you're talking about it makes you look like a total moron. Just keep that in mind in the future.

The swa mdw accident had NOTHING to do with the thrust reverser or boeing systems.

Thanks for the advice, whoever you are. :)

You can paint any airplane into a corner from which there is no escape.

Don.[/quote]

A very basic and very true statement.

Donsa, If you flew the C47 and DC3 you probably haven't flown the A320 in a lot of years so you don't have the MEL. You do not get forward thrust reversing inop TR's on the A320. I promise I never have or ever will fly an Airbus. My choice.

I will admit that the airbus cabin is a much nicer design for the passengers, but I can't imagine having to bargin with my aircraft as I try and "fly" it.

Hi Don.

Washington, DC - The National Transportation Safety Board
today determined that the probable cause of a fatal runway
overrun at Chicago's Midway Airport was the pilot's failure
to use available reverse thrust in a timely manner to safely
slow or stop the airplane after landing. This failure
occurred because the pilots' first experience and lack of
familiarity with the airplane's autobrake system distracted
them from thrust reverser usage during the challenging
landing.

A bit more to the Paris accident then an A-Floor demonstration, but that's why he went to jail. The facts are not all out on the Brazil accident yet so let's not condemn the pilots yet.

Latest resources

Back