Brad Holt new pres for ASA Dec 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude....we're this profitable because we're already "in the ground!"

With the exception of the training department, this place is run on a shoestring.

Maybe I should rephrase my previous comment and say "Do you think JA wants to be known as the boob that shutdown ASA one of the most profitable airlines in the industry in spite of itself?";)

It's funny all the Skywest Rollovers that are predicting ASA's demise now! Last I checked, BH has worked over on the Utah side for the last how long! And according to you Rollovers, things are pretty darn great out there!!!!

Maybe, just maybe, BH is heading east to make things just as rosey at ASA! Maybe big things are in store, and Jerry needed one of his cronies out here to implement!

Oh, but that doesn't benefit you boys, so why would you hope for that?!?!?!

This is what I think most Skywest pilots feel. They think they deserve everything and that we at ASA should be grateful for anything that rolls downhill from St. George. As if 12 month upgrades aren't good enough. They need more planes to get it down to a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmpilot2003
Unfortunately I think he was put there to dismantle ASA.

Now, what kind of facts do you have to back up such a statement? Don't you think you should before you spout that off?

Please note the "unfortunately" at the beginning of the post. A lot of us have been hearing such rumors about the dismantling of ASA, but I think that your newly ratified TA, and BH coming over are both positive signs for your future.

From informally talking to folks on line, I find very few Skywesters that want to take over any more of ASA's flying. Adding 4 RJ's in ATL has minimal impact on my upgrade time; pay and QOL improvements are a much bigger concern. Say what you may about at-will employment, I think that those improvements are coming, albeit slower and not as much as any of us would want. Good day.

Yea, too bad you have no contract or ability to negotiate one! Good luck with that.....and if you get it, way to ride the backs of ASA pilots and a 5 year fight to improve our pay, benefits and QOL!

Your Welcome!

So, if you have heard it from some Official Source, then list them and let us know. I mean, sure....Skywest can let ASA "die on the vine"! Delta sure doesn't need the 400+ flights per day in and out of ATL anymore! Wait, Skywest can just ramp up and replace nearly 1700 ASA pilots! Oh, wait...ASA pilots negotiated a No Furlough clause in our new contract......that Binds Skywest Inc. Yep, there is a ton of qualified pilots out there dying to get to Skywest to replace ASA!!!

Maybe just wishfull thinking bm???

So, maybe you can list those management sources so I can get my resumes out there, since it looks like I will be out of a job soon.....according to you and your sources! Should I put my house up on the market, too?

Did i ever say this was going to happen SOON? No i didn't. 10 years maybe.... "Die on the Vine" doesn't mean it happens over night. This isn't wishful thinking its my own pessimistic opinions. I have the same pessimistic views about skywest management but then we are all non-union rats that won't get hired anywhere right?

Did i ever say this was going to happen SOON? No i didn't. 10 years maybe.... "Die on the Vine" doesn't mean it happens over night. This isn't wishful thinking its my own pessimistic opinions. I have the same pessimistic views about skywest management but then we are all non-union rats that won't get hired anywhere right?

No problem, we'll just begin our Safety Campaign and take SkyWest down with us. You're never going to learn we're all in this together.

Trojan

With a new contract, delta running the ramp, a hand picked unit to run this dump, CT re-retiring will make the transformation complete.

How can ANYONE saw we aren't competetive for growth? Can anyone predict what will happen next? I say that if ASA is to be around for the future, the proof will happen soon. The plan in SG is completely thought out. Think of it, the TA gets signed and the next day we have a new "leader". This is just the start!

Dick Gozinya

No problem, we'll just begin our Safety Campaign and take SkyWest down with us.

Classic.

All about brotherhood, unity, sticking together, right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back