• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Boston & Maine (Pam(Sc)AM)

Geronimo4497

Total Time
What ever happened to the old ALPA group at PanAM. The management WAS succesful in busting the union.

Can something be learned from this with the current TSA/G0Jet thing?

mwmav8r01

Total Time
I just flew on tehm last week... a schedule 30 minute turn turned into a 65 minute turn... because the FA and ground crew had no idea wat was going on. And why woudl they (Panam) repo an airplane every night from LCK-SFB when there is a flight the next morning out of LCK (i am assuming they repo it in as well)

RoughAir

Total Time
Life
It's very simple: They don't have enough airplanes to do their schedule. And crew shortages. Plus their scheduling/dispatch organization makes a Part 135 outfit flying Beech 18s look like a model of efficiency.

The old ALPA PAN AM group is no more. When Fink shutdown Pan Am last Oct, that was the end. Boston Maine Airways now flies 727s with the Pan Am logo on them. Different planes, but the same logo. As of now, I don't think their FSDO has approved the former Pan Am planes on their certificate.

Maybe other Pan Am pilots can chime in on the ALPA part. I know that Fink let very few if any Pan Am pilots come on board the Boston Maine train (wreck).