Boston & Maine (Pam(Sc)AM)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Geronimo4497

What ever happened to the old ALPA group at PanAM. The management WAS succesful in busting the union.

Can something be learned from this with the current TSA/G0Jet thing?

I just flew on tehm last week... a schedule 30 minute turn turned into a 65 minute turn... because the FA and ground crew had no idea wat was going on. And why woudl they (Panam) repo an airplane every night from LCK-SFB when there is a flight the next morning out of LCK (i am assuming they repo it in as well)

It's very simple: They don't have enough airplanes to do their schedule. And crew shortages. Plus their scheduling/dispatch organization makes a Part 135 outfit flying Beech 18s look like a model of efficiency.

The old ALPA PAN AM group is no more. When Fink shutdown Pan Am last Oct, that was the end. Boston Maine Airways now flies 727s with the Pan Am logo on them. Different planes, but the same logo. As of now, I don't think their FSDO has approved the former Pan Am planes on their certificate.

Maybe other Pan Am pilots can chime in on the ALPA part. I know that Fink let very few if any Pan Am pilots come on board the Boston Maine train (wreck).

Latest resources

Back