Bose modifier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

whiff

For anyone out there who has bought the Bose adaptor how do you like it? Looking for a new headset, but I am way way to cheap to pay $1000. thanks

I have one, and it is real nice. Just commuting with the QC2 headset is worth it in my book, toss in the boom mike and it's a real nice system. The AAA battery lasts around 25 hours. When it gets low, a red light flashes which you may or may not see. When it dies, the headset won't work, so things get real quiet and you won't realize it at first. I always just toss a new battery in at the beginning of a trip and don't worry about it. Other than that, its great.

(The boom mic also has a place to plug your ipod in to...for general aviation purposes only of course!! :))

The website for the attachment is http://www.uflymike.com.

Last edited:
Do you mean w/out a battery you can't hear anything on the headset or that the noise cancelling function goes away? I have a telex ANR now and if the battery dies it still works - just gets kinda load.

whiff said:
Do you mean w/out a battery you can't hear anything on the headset or that the noise cancelling function goes away? I have a telex ANR now and if the battery dies it still works - just gets kinda load.

That's correct. When the Bose QC2 battery is dead, the headset is dead. I'll bet the Bose pilot version does the same thing. Interestingly, the boom mic works though. When I first put the headset on, I tap the squelch just to make sure I hear something. When I first used them, I figured I would wait until it failed to change the battery; now I just use a a fresh one each trip. With a single fresh AAA battery, it has always lasted the entire trip.

It gets very quiet. I ran one battery til failure on a four day trip. At least 23 hours in the airplane, another 5 or so in the hotels, and it finally gave up back at the house after 30+ hours on it. My solution: I have four rechargable AAAs, that should have me more than covered.

Hooch

I believe the mike still works when the battery dies, but you wont hear a thing.

check it out:

uflymike.com

So to get this rig up and running you need the QC2 phones, the uflymike, and a AAA bat. Is that all you need or are there any other adapters?

I compared the QC2 to the BOSE Aviation X (the $1000 headset) and found that the Aviation headset is much better. My comparison was in my GA airplane and not in an airliner. In my opinion the QC2 is a requirement for airline travel for the obvious reasons, listening to music, movies etc. The Bose Aviation headset is also a must have if you fly light aircraft. I thought that I could just buy the adapter for my QC2 and not spend the $1000 bucks, but the Aviation headset cancels the noise far better than the QC2. If you only intend on using the headset for music, or on the airliners, the QC2 is the way to go. There is no need for the $1000 headset in an already quiet jet. Just my 2 cents.

uflymike.com says they expect to start producing a stereo-cordset version of their headset adapter this month. Any advantage in opting for that model over the mono (for a SWA FO)?

Latest resources

Back