• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Book Recommendations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're furloughed or on reserve and never called, Starting Strength will change your life.

701ev

Pillars of the Earth, and World Without End by Ken Follett will eat up some time.

I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell, by Tucker Max. Funny, funny stuff!

(Available in Kindle; I use the free Kindle reader for the iPhone.)

Anything by Daniel Silva if you like spy novels. His earlier books are so-so, but this series is great. Main character is a Mossad agent (books are very pro-Israel)

Gabriel Allon series:

1. The Kill Artist (2000)
  2. The English Assassin (2002)
  3. The Confessor (2003)
  4. A Death in Vienna (2004)
  5. Prince of Fire (2005)
  6. The Messenger (2006)
  7. The Secret Servant (2007)
  8. Moscow Rules (2008)
Also anything by Dennis Lehane. Mystic River (like the movie), Shutter Island, and The Given Day are good stand alone novels. The Kenzie-Gennaro series is kind of a serial story surrounding a couple of P.I.s in Boston. Very gritty stuff (Gone Baby Gone was made into a movie).
The Kenzie-Gennaro novels

Also, Mark Levin's "Liberty & Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto" is an excellent read if your political views lean to the right.

I just finished up "Scorpion Down", which was a fantastic book on the loss of the nuclear submarine Scorpion in 1968...Good read and pretty insightful regarding the rise of the Russian Navy and there's even a little conspiracy theory in there.

Right now, I'm reading a book on submarine warfare called "Blind Mans's Bluff". It's a compilation of several submarine stories from the cold war. It's pretty entertaining due to the clandestine nature of submarines and their role durring the Cold War.

"Three Engines, Half a Wing, and a Prayer" is also a great book. It's about B-17's in Europe, and it chronicles what crewmembers went through in combat. It covers several of the more famous raids in WWII and the losses associated with them. I really enjoyed this one and it really put into context what the "Greatest Generation" went through, and made me want to keep their sacrifices on the fore front of my memory.

Lone Survivor- by Marcus Luttrell. It came out in paperback recently, so you'll find it in any airport newspaper/magazine/book store. Awesome book . . .

Second that motion. Good book with an exceptional story.

For fiction, try anything by Michael Connelly or Jeffery Deaver. My spelling may be wrong on the names.

Latest resources

Back