• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bonanza Wreck LOU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was LOTS of ice in them clouds around The Ville when I landed about 8 hours before this accident...

The 18th was just a bad night in general:

myself, tsfzra @ mkc
boiler, same @ "the ville"
bonanza wreck @ lou
cirrus sr22's flying around in conditions the airplane wasn't certified for

Is this a fact regarding the insurance.

100-1/2, I was a close friend of the pilot in the bonanza accident, I am inquiring about the insurance for his wife. Do you know for a fact that they had this insurance or are you assuming, because if so they seem to be skating around any obligation. How do you know that they were operating two aircraft with only one on the certificate. Let me know asap, I am going to help with any legal options she may have.

A couple hundred miles?

As a well traveled pilot, I know that ice is very localized. I have no doubt you encountered heavy ice but that was two days prior and over 200 miles away. He was my college roommate and a very close friend. I have been in touch with his wife and the NTSB, they have ruled ice out and are focused on the recently overhauled engine! So please lets not jump to any conclusions making this very talented pilot look like a chump.

Any Certificated Air Carrier is required to have Economic Authority for interstate or intrastate operations. To get Economic Authority you must place on file a current insurance certificate listing liability coverages (minimum) $75k/seat installed/listed in the TCDS for the aircraft receiving Economic Authority.

Even though (as I later learned) the CP may have had ownership interest in the airplane and economic authority may not have yet been obtained for the BE36 Ops, the survivors/estate may file a claim against the underwriter if the pilot was current and qualified in other aircraft with economic authority.

With the worst shenanigans (personally experienced) with the owner/operator of the certificate capping on the mediocre FSDO, they would have been prevented from issuing an Air Carrier Certificate without the economic authority and the economic authority could not be obtained /kept without a certificate of insurance from the policy underwriter verifying the adequate coverages.

Check your pm's on the other info you seek.

100-1/2

this crap happened up in the aby-buf route back in early 2000's. It was interesting to see spanking brand new boots and working prop de-ice on the 310's up there following the fatal crash in a field with full fire, hospital, death. Such a dam shame to see the totally visable learning curve the small mom and pop charter outfits go through when winter comes. At the cost of a pilot soul who needed a job so bad in a terrible employment market.

100 1/2 you just CANNOT seem to wrap your mind around the sensitive issues surrounding a crash such as the one in June as well as this one.... corporate joe is politely explaining to your pea-sized brain that you're crass and insensitive discussions of this accident are way out of line... my chief pilot would tell you to "get your head outta your bobo"

wlacy-

That's odd. My overly college educated interpretation of what he has printed, it appears to be a plea for assistance because the survivors are getting the initial stiff-arm from the underwriters and building a case for potentially seeking legal representation? Oh Yeah, I am OVERREADING?!? Obviously you are a fine specimen and product from the Chicago School System compared to my "Pea-sized Brain". No, wait, ERAU? Was it?

But, geewizzzz mister, those are some awfully big knobs and buttons in your airplane! OOOOOH, and sooooo many! how do you keep track of it all and what each one does? And exactly what does the SP after N172 on the tail mean anyway? Must be Super Phast? huh? When I grow up, I wanna be just like you, leave before dawn and come home after dark 6 days a week partaking of the fine ammenities like TacoBell, Top Ramen! And, on Fridays I'll get to wear blue jeans to work and splurge for the Buffet at KFC!
ON my days off, ill butter up dad for some allowance and pound a couple of cases of Old Milwaukee!

Get over yourself! You are not contributing anything to this thread. You couldn't scratch, pinch or roll that single hair on your left sack muchless comprehend or fathom a glimpse into the death, destruction and loss I have witnessed and experiences I have accumulated in my lifetime.

BTW. My Mommy can beat up your CP and make him cry. And then I would fire him and promote you because you are obviously God's Greatest Contribution to this Earth since Jesus Christ!
NO! WAIT! You should go strait to D.O. FOR SURE!! Without a Doubt any D.O. that would let my Mommy beat the hell out of his CP should be demoted and you are undoubtedly overly qualified to hold the position despite only 6 months total of 135 on the line for Fright Express in the Centurion! I'll get a waiver rubberstamped as our POI is as old as Jesus and surely will find your resemblence!

100-1/2

I think we both need to take a look deep down inside. While I'm not an erautool; i am, however, everything else alluded to in that vindictive post of yours. just take a few deep breaths and go to sleep tonight with your mommy knowing that your words mean very little to the families of MB, the kid who went down with him, this kid who crashed the A36 in Louisville, in addition to everyone else who reads your mile-long trail of bullcrap.

My condolences to the families...

for you two (lacey/100)

Girls, getting kind of wrapped up around each other aren't you? Care to send video?

hehehehehehe

Latest resources

Back