• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier working on a G650 competitor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard from a good source that Bombarbier is going to revamp the 300 after the Lear 85 is in production. The new Challenger 3?? will have a longer cabin, a center fuel tank and IRS's. Once that's up and running they're gonna do away with the Challenger 605 and the Lear 60's too.

Heard from a good source that Bombarbier is going to revamp the 300 after the Lear 85 is in production. The new Challenger 3?? will have a longer cabin, a center fuel tank and IRS's. Once that's up and running they're gonna do away with the Challenger 605 and the Lear 60's too.

Now that would be a sweet airplane. I hope you're right.

If Cessna could make an Excel that would seat 8 (without a couch or potty) and go from NY to LA they would sweep the market!

8 people in a Cessna for 5-6 hours to MAYBE make NY-LA in the winter isn't going to sweep any market.

Most Sovereign pilots I know think they are flying a "big airplane"....but its still a Cessna. It may be fast compared to a Hawker, but you're still clogging up the airways with that junk.

:);)

Unless Bombardier is planning a clean-sheet design, MMO on their 650 competitor will likely stay where it is. Which is about .88 if I'm not mistaken. By the press accounts I've seen, Bombardier doesn't want to spend a billion plus on a new design but 2-300 million instead on an XRS variant which won't be able to match the 650 on speed. Range perhaps, but not MMO.
The article does say it's a clean sheet design. But who really knows.

Everyone knows they are making less than 200 605's and then that plane will die. The lear 60 is definitely going away (no one likes it). So, that leaves a gap between the 300 and the next global. I hear they were making a "xr" version of the 300 as well. Of course, all rumor but, there isn't much else they can do, unless they build a smaller global to fill the 605 role.

Latest resources

Back