• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier working on a G650 competitor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which means it can't go into Teeterhole. Yeah, that'll sell.

Which means it can't go into Teeterhole. Yeah, that'll sell.

I was thinking the same, but I noticed the restriction states aircraft cannot be operated above 100,000 pounds at TEB. So, I called KTEB operations yesterday and found out you may operate an aircraft with a maximum gross weight in excess of 100,00 pounds so long as it's actual operating weight is below 100K while on the ground at TEB. You just need to submit weight and balance information via fax or email showing your planned operating weight below 100K. No big deal.

Don't kid yourself. These airplanes will sell very well. The 7000 will outperform or at least equal the 650 in every significant category and do it in a 23 percent larger cabin by volume. (2637 cu ft vs 2138) The 8000 will only have a slightly larger cabin, (100 cu ft) but it will have 900nm more range at the same speed. Gulfstream makes a great product, but I'm surprised how negative you are on these airplanes. I hope you get the chance to fly a Global. I've been flying an XRS for the past eight months and we've had zero problems so far. There isn't an airplane on the market today that I'd rather fly. The 650 will undoubtedly take the lead when it's certified, but I'm pretty sure the Global 7000 will be the undisputed top of the line business aircraft when it comes out. Nothing is going to come close to competing with it.

Last edited:
The Global is a good airplane but when you ask people who have flown both which they prefer, they usually say the Gulfstream. One local operator I know went through 2 Global's before giving up and buying a GV. Another local operator of a Global has two 650's on order. The product support from Gulfstream is legendary and always tops every industry poll.

People are usually partial to one brand or the other ( I love BMW's but will never own a Mercedes ) but fortunately there should be plenty of business to go around. Deciding which one is better is for a barstool....or a chat board ( I think I like the barstool idea more ).

Latest resources

Back