Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier to sell 120 planes to NETJETS???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry about all the asterisks in my posts - I'm not putting them in there so if anyone can tell me how to get them to not show up please PM me! Thanks!

Wife, thanks for taking the time to post. Ever since 1999 when I got the call telling me that I was hired at NJA, I've felt very close to the company and even closer to the great group of pilots that I've worked with over the years. That passion has only gotten bigger over the years. It's nonsecret that our entire industry has come under attack since late 2008. While every frac has taken hits, it seems that as the industry leader, NJA has taken some of the bigest blows. In January 2010, I flew 5 days with a young man who, at the end of that tour, was on the street with a wife and a new baby to support. That drove some feelings home for me and I'll never for get that week. I want to see those guys and gals back here. They're all still part of what NJA is today and they all deserve a chance to fly a QS airplane again. From my seat, it's tough to think about ANYONE else besides the 495 joining the current pilot group. I understand we all have families and responsibilities but please understand that my loyalty is with my fellow NJA pilots. Whether they're currently here or waiting for a recall letter, they're still my brothers and sisters. I'm sure I could sugarcoat it and make it sound a little nicer but that would give folks the wrong idea of who I really am....

I know all about Flex's attempts to getting a union on property. I too know some folks over there and believe it or not, I'm this honest with them as well and they still love me.

I'm not wishing anyone here a bad future. I wish everyone the best but my heart and fighting side will stay in house defending my fellow pilots.

Wife, thanks for taking the time to post. Ever since 1999 when I got the call telling me that I was hired at NJA, I've felt very close to the company and even closer to the great group of pilots that I've worked with over the years. That passion has only gotten bigger over the years. It's nonsecret that our entire industry has come under attack since late 2008. While every frac has taken hits, it seems that as the industry leader, NJA has taken some of the bigest blows. In January 2010, I flew 5 days with a young man who, at the end of that tour, was on the street with a wife and a new baby to support. That drove some feelings home for me and I'll never for get that week. I want to see those guys and gals back here. They're all still part of what NJA is today and they all deserve a chance to fly a QS airplane again. From my seat, it's tough to think about ANYONE else besides the 495 joining the current pilot group. I understand we all have families and responsibilities but please understand that my loyalty is with my fellow NJA pilots. Whether they're currently here or waiting for a recall letter, they're still my brothers and sisters. I'm sure I could sugarcoat it and make it sound a little nicer but that would give folks the wrong idea of who I really am....

I know all about Flex's attempts to getting a union on property. I too know some folks over there and believe it or not, I'm this honest with them as well and they still love me.

I'm not wishing anyone here a bad future. I wish everyone the best but my heart and fighting side will stay in house defending my fellow pilots.

Thanks!

From a furloughed NJA Pilot & his family.

G200 I hear ya - and like I said I don't necessarily disagree. I just wanted to point out this latest union drive has been months in the works and WAS NOT precipitated or even pushed up by the NJ order.

It is by far the most organized, mature, sensible thought thru process Flex pilots have ever taken in regard to a drive and I for one, and hope you'll agree, am hopeful that it's
the differentness of this campaign that will make all the difference.

I think it's important to remember that when having this discussion, that's all.

I have the utmost of compassion and goodwill toward any furloughed family, including the 85 Flex families about to be forgotten here at the end of the month. If that's not a cause for all of us to agree on unionization at Flex I don't know what is. I know crap happens, including layoffs, but not having a union at Flex only excerbated the pain and recent numbers would suggest the company was overly heavy handed and a CBA with the same provisions both NJA & FLOPS could have significantly reduced the number we ourselves let go or downgraded.

I'll TRY to shut-up now ;)

Let's make an assumption. Let's assume that there actually is a plan for NetJets to acquire Flex. If that actually happens, I'm betting that Allegheny-Mohawk and McCaskill-Bond will apply regardless of whether or not Flex pilots are represented by Teamsters 1108.

The question then becomes - who would be the agent for Flex pilots? Without a successful union drive, it will be Flexjet management. With a successful drive, it will be line pilots from Flexjet. I'd rather have fellow pilots sitting down to work this out than a management lackey from Flexjet.

need a union primarily for two reasons; job security and stopping the BS that goes on in training. Raw data approach single engine, give me a break!

NJA already has nearly 500 pilots on the street. Why would they possibly want more? Management is in radar power issuing new orders for new airplanes to replace aging aircraft. What interest would NJA have in a fleet of older aircraft? NJA is working to reduce fleets. Why would they buy a company and increase the number of fleets? I could see CMH having interest in the CL300 and Flex's client list but I can't see any interest in acquiring Flex.

Just my opinion from the cheap seats.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

NJA already has nearly 500 pilots on the street. Why would they possibly want more? Management is in radar power issuing new orders for new airplanes to replace aging aircraft. What interest would NJA have in a fleet of older aircraft? NJA is working to reduce fleets. Why would they buy a company and increase the number of fleets? I could see CMH having interest in the CL300 and Flex's client list but I can't see any interest in acquiring Flex.

Just my opinion from the cheap seats.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Easy way to knock out a competitor - acquire them...

Latest resources

Back