• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bombardier New Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard a rumor it was to be larger than the 60 and referred to as the 70. A salesman with bombardier said "there would be no need to buy another hawker again," if that says something about what it will compete against.

Falcon Capt said:
Was there ever a need to buy a Hawker??? :eek: ;)

Only if you were coming out of a WSCOD:laugh: . Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!!!

I hope they put some descent brakes on the "70." I also hope the engineers aren't Bombardier so that it will fly more than three legs with out some mech problem.

bigepilot said:
I heard a rumor it was to be larger than the 60 and referred to as the 70. A salesman with bombardier said "there would be no need to buy another hawker again," if that says something about what it will compete against.
That is unless you need/want customer support. There are a lot of former Bombardier owners flying Gulfstreams, Hawkers, etc because of the headaches that come along with trying to get parts (the right parts), trying to get calls returned, etc. Gulfstream used to be the same way, but they turned things around and should be the standard for other manufactures. With the exception of the CL-30 (Seperate from the rest of Bombardier), Bombardier has a habit of having terrible customer service. If you have to get the folks in Canada involved, be prepared for pure laziness and incompetence. Unless they change that, there will always be a reason to buy another Hawker. My suggestions a few months ago: Let's see if Bombardier was paying attention- http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=723128#post723128

Last edited:
HawkerF/O said:
That is unless you need/want customer support. There are a lot of former Bombardier owners flying Gulfstreams, Hawkers, etc because of the headaches that come along with trying to get parts (the right parts), trying to get calls returned, etc. Gulfstream used to be the same way, but they turned things around and should be the standard for other manufactures. With the exception of the CL-30, Bombardier has a habit of having terrible customer service. If you have to get the folks in Canada involved, be prepared for pure laziness and incompetence. Unless they change that, there is every reason to buy another Hawker.
My CO. has had nothing but headaches from Raytheon with our HS-125and as such placed an order for the LR 60SE, mainly due to bombardier's fairly decent (Iknow, I know) support of the 45s. They "seem to be" turning the corner from soliciting other operators feedback. There are also a lot of former Gulfstream owners flying Bombardier planes.

Latest resources

Back