• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing 737 until 2030?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dont forget to switch on the pitot heat!

Maybe the clocks will come only adjustable to Herb (central) time.

Thanks Herb Turds!!

Bill, if you don't like the Guppy (wretched overhead panel and all), then just exercise some of that wonderful Delta CHOICE that GL is always spouting off about, and simply don't bid it? Problem solved! :)

Dont forget to switch on the pitot heat!

Maybe the clocks will come only adjustable to Herb (central) time.

Thanks Herb Turds!!

Actually, the latest block of 73's have auto probe heat, and DAL is refitting the fleet that doesn't have it.

As antiquated, busy, silly as the overhead panel is - it's actually a simple beast. There's not much logic to learn, it's either ON and doing it, OFF or broken. Just two wishes, an EICAS and cabin temperature control that's not satanic. At least there's little rubber nubbin's on the switches to save my bald spot from injury.

EICAS would be great. Especially with single/triple chime. And get rid of the recall light/Easter egg hunt. I'd also like an aural alert if it switches from VNAV PATH to VNAV SPEED even if it's just a friendly little chime.

As long as I'm making a wish list, I'd also like some bus switching logic. When you start an engine for example, it should automatically take the APU gen off line and put the engine generator online. When you shut down the engine, the opposite should occur (I think it does on the NG, not positive though).

Same with the pneumatics. When I select "start" it should automatically deselect the packs and open the isolation valve. Once an engine bleed is online, that bleed source should be isolated automatically. Shouldn't require so much intervention.

Here's one that would be cool if I were a genius and could invent it and sell it to the airlines...

How about a three position cockpit door. Either Open, Closed, or Lavatory. In the Hinge the door on the right side (left side looking aft) and put a second latch on the wall just aft of the lavatory door, so swinging it that way would create a secure "vestibule" between flight deck and lav.

EICAS would be great. Especially with single/triple chime. And get rid of the recall light/Easter egg hunt. I'd also like an aural alert if it switches from VNAV PATH to VNAV SPEED even if it's just a friendly little chime.

As long as I'm making a wish list, I'd also like some bus switching logic. When you start an engine for example, it should automatically take the APU gen off line and put the engine generator online. When you shut down the engine, the opposite should occur (I think it does on the NG, not positive though).

Same with the pneumatics. When I select "start" it should automatically deselect the packs and open the isolation valve. Once an engine bleed is online, that bleed source should be isolated automatically. Shouldn't require so much intervention.

Here's one that would be cool if I were a genius and could invent it and sell it to the airlines...

How about a three position cockpit door. Either Open, Closed, or Lavatory. In the Hinge the door on the right side (left side looking aft) and put a second latch on the wall just aft of the lavatory door, so swinging it that way would create a secure "vestibule" between flight deck and lav.

I agree. Why can't all new cockpits by 2030 look similar to this (or better):

http://honeywell.com/News/Pages/New...-Help-Gulfstreams-Newest-Aircraft-Take-F.aspx

This over reliance on cockpit commonality is ridiculous since most new technologies "should" be easier to operate going forward. It is only 2014 and we are working on the above technologies... If we now have cars that can drive themselves, airplanes in 2030 should be able to do most of the work and we will all be computer monitors...........

I'd be happy if they'd just put a thermostat on the thing aft of the cockpit door.

Last edited:
In the 1980s I flew 707s that were built in 1950s. Air Force is still flying them. At least the 737s we're flying are new.

Latest resources

Back