• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing 720B Demolition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stand corrected: It turns out the aircraft in the video was the Honeywell test-bed aircraft after all.

I googled it's registration number "N720H" and found that it was destroyed. It was billed as "the last flying Boeing 720 in the United States."

It was built in 1961, pretty old and probably a maintenance-hour vs. flying-hour hog (like the KC-135 is for the Air Force).

Thanks guys for the links. Both seem to work now. Must have been a "spurious signal" in the network before.

I think it's very sad to see airplanes torn apart like this. It seems like a very inappropriate way to get rid of these machines. It's good to know that many of the materials can be recycled and may be flying again very soon.

Skyward80

I googled it's registration number "N720H" and found that it was destroyed. It was billed as "the last flying Boeing 720 in the United States.".

You have got to be s&^&ing me! What a very sad ending for such a historic aircraft. You would think that a museum somewhere would have made room for her. Unbelievable...

I think Pratt's still got their maroon and cream colored 720 up at Plattsburgh.

You have got to be s&^&ing me! What a very sad ending for such a historic aircraft. You would think that a museum somewhere would have made room for her. Unbelievable...

Yes it is unbelievable it did not go to a museum. We are now down to less than a handful of 720's that are even in existence worldwide. Now I believe the only flyable 720 on this continent is the Pratt bird.

N720JR is/was a VIP bird. Anyone know if it's still flying or in flyable condition or where she may be?

N720JR is/was a VIP bird. Anyone know if it's still flying or in flyable condition or where she may be?

She was last seen parked at Malta International Airport in a remote location and probably not airworthy now. She has been there since Mar 11, 2004. You can visit airliners.net and do a search for the 720 and put N720JR in keywords to find the images of her.

Thanks, I've seen her there in a number of shots. I probably spend a bit too much time there, in fact...

I thought I had seen a photo dated in 2005, but it may have been of N720H, or maybe that was when the photo was posted as opposed to taken.

I occasionally find myself in that part of the world - love to have a chance to visit!

To me the saddest ending to a 720, was N1R. It was the Dodgers' airplane back in the 70's and 80's. I had a change to fly in it a couple of times. Last time I saw it was in pieces in the Arizona dessert.

Latest resources

Back