• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Boeing 720B Demolition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm. Worked when I tried it just now...

Is that the airplane that sat at the PHX airport? It was parked on the north side of the airport. I used to wonder if they kept it airworthy.

The 720 that "sat" on the north side of PHX was the test-mule for Honeywell's engine program. It had an extra engine mount on the upper right hand side of the forward portion of the fuselage.

If you look you'll see there's now a 757 sitting right were the 720 used to sit, "Out with the old in with the not so old."

I don't think airplane destroyed in the video was the ex-Honeywell jet. The airplane in the video had a dark green colored cheat-line on the side while the Honeywell jet had a red cheat-line. Also, there didn't appear to be any sign of the engine test mounting modification on the forward right hand side of the fuselage.

Last edited:
That was sad. It reminded me of one of those shots of ants taking apart a dead animal.

Very cool. You'd think that it'd be cheaper just to park it in roswell, NM.

Last edited:
If you look you'll see there's now a 757 sitting right were the 720 used to sit, "Out with the old in with the not so old."

So where is the 720? Did they cut it up?

This made me want to throw up. 720s are pretty rare and it's a shame this one couldn't have been saved to make a bar or put on a pedestal outside some little airport. Chopping it up to make a Red Bull can seems like a terrible waste.

Latest resources

Back