BMA job offered/Accepted then screwed!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The jury is in, the truth comes out.

In regards to my experience with BMA: I have been close contact with employees at BMA before and after my interview and hiring, as well as in contact with the other cadidates that were being interviewed with me. All of us have contacted each other over the past week, filling in the missing pieces of this troubled puzzle.

1st Fact, Was I hired or not? This point was never in doubt by the BMA employees, I was congratulated on a successful interview and welcomed to the team by 2 people people that are in or around the hiring/ interview loop the night I was offerd and accepted the job from the SOC Manager A.S ....Further I was in communication with a BMA Dispatcher the next day regarding the upcomming Jeppesen change-over training at the end of the month and other New Hampshire details.

2nd FAct: The other Applicant is a current dispatcher at a troubled IAD airline, and did not know if he/she would accept the job however remembered our conversation (after our joint interview in SFB) that I had accepted the job and was turning down 2 other companies when I got home, and was very surprised to hear what happened.
This same person told me, and was later verified by another Dx at the same airline, that another dispatcher there had come forward to the BMA SOC mgr. the day after My job acceptance, and asked if a job slot was still open. This person has alot of DX experience and very senior, but wanted to change, and was actively looking for Florida DX work at Airtran and other carriers.
According to my BMA sources, The BMA Mgr A.S. was so excited to have this person show the company interest that he offered this person the job on the phone. The BMA folks thought this was going to be my new SFB co-worker as they were only hiring 2 people here and I had already accepted the 1st slot!

3 Fact: When I called BMA the following Monday to discuss the training dates, I was told by the soc MGR A.S. that I was supposed to call him on Friday to accept the job....This lame idea of an excuse was an obviouse fabrication to cover up the fact that he had ihired this other person on Friday after he had hired me on Thursday, this was all he could do....The BMA source even went and questioned the SOC Mgr. as to his reasons and intent to not hire me, that person was told to butt out, and that he (the SOC mGr A S.) just decided to do it this way. It was meet with bitter conversation, but his word stood as the SOC Mgr when it came to that departments hiring...

4th Fact: I called the HR rep for BMA Friday Morning and asked what and why this was happening, he was as suprised as I was to learn of this from me, as we had already discussed the full gambit and details of the benefits package, right down to the costs and coverages...Not something someone would do if they were not sure that they were not hired!

5th Fact: Several former BMA pilots right here on this board have told me, and I have confirmed the information on the public web site, that the SFB airport authority is seeking to place a lien on al the BMA/PanAm assets at the airport, including the PAnAm flt school sims, and any aircraft on the property to cover what is described as "several hundred thousand dollars" in past duew money.
This is where they are setting up the new SOC Offices in with MX control and the hanger at SFB....

Final comment on the matter: All the curent employees and new hires all know with verifiable sources and emails, that I was screwed over for another person, though be it this person has more experience than I do, never the less the actions of this SOC manger reflects the morale and ethical values of himself and the company, which goes to speak of the companies current finacial status at SFB and many other airport that they owe money too.

The comments from some on this thread are questionable at best noting the newness of there membership here, another source at BMA says it probably is the SOC MGR trying to make me look bad...I have nothing to loose, as I said beofe I am no longer seeking aviation employment, but I still believe this type of management needs to be exposed. It's obviouse that the now former PanAm pilots got screwed over as well by shady tactics of this management at BMA...it does not look like they are finished yet, just hiding under another certificate...

Good luck to those that attempt to work for this guy and those like him, just be warned....

Due Diligence

Deal with it; you knew this place was a scum pond; yet youinterviewedanyway; either you failed to do a due diligence check (justdo a searchon here, and you'll see that they are hardly a respectableoutfit -justlook at the treatment of their pilots) to see if they arescum; astheyappear to be; or you did a due diligence check, but yet youdecided toignore the results; that the place is scum.

I wouldnt care if I lived within a 2 minute walk from where I lived; they hardly live up to the honor of their name.

Plus, I thought you gave up altogether, and were going to return your certificate back to the FAA.

I dont want an airline job so bad to where I would work for a disreputable (a relative term) airline...

Plus, as an "AT WILL" employee, you are there subject to both yourwill, and the will of the employer; they can fire you, or not bring youaboard, for nearly anything they want to. I doubt you signed anemployment contract binding you to BMA for any length of time.

Last edited:

Aircraft Experience: nothing
Flight Experience: Civilian
Ratings: former airmen
Current Position: retired
Total Time: 000001 Nada

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as I was expecting, only jerks making fun....I'm over it, the time has come to put this industry behind me...good luck to you all....Tango Uniform

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by rvsm410 : 01-12-2005 at 10:20. Reason: Gone, out a here, never to return....see ya

I thought you were done here!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back