BMA job offered/Accepted then screwed!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SlickAir....

What issues......a disability is not suppose to be an issue at all.....read the Americans with disabilities act if you have any further questions about it...I am perfectly capable of working behind a desk.....or at least trying...

SO are you trying to help, or trying to demean the situation....since this is your first post, it looks like your with BMA management...or HR......thanks for the compassion pal...

I dont want to pry, but is your disability something visible or easily identified by an employer? If so and you realllly want to work for BMA (or at least screw them in court) you may consider contacting an employment attorney. Explain your situation and that you were offed a job, accepted it, and were later told they hired someone else instead. If they can't show a legitimate reason why that person was more qualified for the job you may have a case.

Either way, dont let this get to you too much. Most likely the BMA fiasco is nothing to do with you, just their inept way of doing business. As you are aware nobody has ever posted anything good about them on here.

I spent three years trying to get back into aviation before finally making it. It can be a long road and a depressing one at times, but if you hang in there and are persistent it will pay off eventually. If you havent already you may consider trying some of the bigger charter operators down there in Florida. I'm sure some of them use dispatchers. It wont be the best job going, but it will be a start and it will open doors.

You say that there is no more flight planning business; and even though you worked gratis there.

Are there NO records from this business; no references that can attest your being there; no bank records, no bankers, attorneys, corporate minutes, partnership agreements - NOTHING? If not, then for all the airline knows, and in this post 9/11 world, you and bubba got along very well each night in Cell Block C of the Podunk Prison; cant blame them.

If those records do exist, and you have access to them, show those to the airline. How about a customer, can they attest that you were there, or a contractor, or a vendor. All they care about is that you truly were doing that position, and not being Bubba's love sponge in prison, and that they can show a continuous line of non-prison time....

No my disability is not visable, I just cant go run a marathon...I am not going to persue anything with anyone...As to Dispatch Guy...Yes there are all kinds of records to prove business, vendors, bills, bank statements fellow dispatchers that funded the business...none of this was asked for, I just got shot down, with another lame excuse....Plus I have no criminal record....

My professional record speaks for itself, I have had alot of interviews, however since most of the pay is low and commuting is tough for dispatchers, I decided to stay in Florida which limits alot of opprotunities, I thought BMA would be a good start.....it alright though....

I am done...really, thanks for the suggestions, believe me these things have all been rode hard already with those concerned.. I am just going to surrender my license so I cant torment myself anymore...

Last edited:
rvsm,

By "...surrender my license..." do you mean give it back to the feds ? If so, how about just sleeping on that for a couple of months and then looking at things again ?

I am just going to surrender my license so I cant torment myself anymore...

A new and fresh start may do you a little good. You only get one life so why not explore different areas that may be of interest to you. No reason to move due to a job opportunity that will not make you happy or content. A buddy recently got hired on with ExpressJet and is now flying for peanuts and chump change. He now realizes you can't support a family with a small child or live any sort of "decent" lifestyle unless you live with mommy and daddy!. . If only people knew what they were getting themselves into.

good luck,

3 5 0

rvsm410 said:
I am done...really, thanks for the suggestions, believe me these things have all been rode hard already with those concerned.. I am just going to surrender my license so I cant torment myself anymore...

Quit...its just the easiest thing to do. Its just one more open position for someone who really wants it. Quit you nagging and join Dr. Phils website!!

Nagging? Turn the channel then...

Boy, I hope you never have to go through health issue like many have in this business, ya know, loose your ability to fly, maybe even work at a young age..Good bless you, you have to be young to express yourself this way...Quit has never been in my personality, but it gets tough fighting city hall..

And Dr. Phil said I should ignor people like you...see ya!

KPTPK said:
Quit...its just the easiest thing to do. Its just one more open position for someone who really wants it. Quit you nagging and join Dr. Phils website!!

rvsm410 said:
Boy, I hope you never have to go through health issue like many have in this business, ya know, loose your ability to fly, maybe even work at a young age..Good bless you, you have to be young to express yourself this way...Quit has never been in my personality, but it gets tough fighting city hall..

And Dr. Phil said I should ignor people like you...see ya!

So you and the "doc" have discussed these issues. Which show were you on so I can paint a face to all these words you've expressed. i think you said bye once before..........chance are you'll be back for another rebuttal. See ya soon!!!!

For everyones info "rvsm has plenty of time to answer all of our questions", a personal message from him: "I have unfinished business here, and now that I am not going to work, I'll have pleanty of time to be here just to piss you off..."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back