• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bluetruthpilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think most people hired didn't care as they were told upgrades were 2-3 years away. While this hasn't proven to be true the assumption was made based on projected growth and orders at the time. If Neeleman was still here we'd all be 330 captains by now and straining to hire enough F/O's. For the record a buddy who just went to recurrent was told we expected 150 in attrition this year but since no one was hiring no one left. Hence we're fat on F/O's.
We'll see next year if the majors start up again. All those retirements need to be replaced.

If Neelman had brought on 330s at the same pace as he was running before he left, we would be out of business by now.

I think most people hired didn't care as they were told upgrades were 2-3 years away. While this hasn't proven to be true the assumption was made based on projected growth and orders at the time. If Neeleman was still here we'd all be 330 captains by now and straining to hire enough F/O's. For the record a buddy who just went to recurrent was told we expected 150 in attrition this year but since no one was hiring no one left. Hence we're fat on F/O's.
We'll see next year if the majors start up again. All those retirements need to be replaced.

As a 6 year FO, the logbook is updated and ready to go. As soon as the hiring windows open, I have no problem bailing. Not cause I'm bitter, but I do see the writing on the wall. I'm 33 and I'd be naive to think this place will be intact for the next 32 years.

Anyone can speculate. Although I agree that this pilot group is often misinformed, I have to say that no matter what I have ever heard from any airline management team, I always take it with a grain of salt. Pilots who stay at B6 are rolling the dice. Pilots who leave B6 are rolling the dice. If flying airplanes is your career, then you are rolling the dice.

What can we do? ORGANIZE and get a union on the property as soon as possible. It is the only way we will ever have a say in our careers. This is why all other major domestic carriers are unionized. We all pay auto insurance, home owners insurance, medical insurance, etc. Why not have career insurance? Whether you decide to stay or leave, please help contribute to the future of your fellow pilots by opening each other's eyes to the truth.......

Bluetruthpilots.com

As a 6 year FO, the logbook is updated and ready to go. As soon as the hiring windows open, I have no problem bailing. Not cause I'm bitter, but I do see the writing on the wall. I'm 33 and I'd be naive to think this place will be intact for the next 32 years.

Just curious what you think your breakeven point is going to be. You could be a captain now, so why leave? Bigger airlines that are too big to fail coupled with rapid seniority change is a big carrot, I know, so then is it a lack of faith in the company to survive, or that you think we'll get screwed in the integration/merger scenario?

Just curious what you think your breakeven point is going to be. You could be a captain now, so why leave? Bigger airlines that are too big to fail coupled with rapid seniority change is a big carrot, I know, so then is it a lack of faith in the company to survive, or that you think we'll get screwed in the integration/merger scenario?

I prefer to encourage those think think the grass is greener to go get the job they really want. Helps me as more junior pilot, and they get what they think they want. Win-Win!

It's a little bit of everything. I like B6 and truly want to see it succeed. Being 33 if I were gonna make the leap I wanna do it now while I can. No family, no debt, so the jump could be easy. Just the shear numbers on retirements I would have a chance to finish very high somewhere else. But also I don't have faith in this company. There have been too many screw ups too soon to up my faith. There is no accountability here. This place is run by a bunch of rookies. We use "Hope" too much here. And like poker, stock market, or anything in life Hope is not part of the equation. But make no mistake about it, I'm not afraid of a merger. I'm more afraid of the vision of Jetblue. Seeing you are a former J41 guy too, I learned a lot of valuable lessons early on in my career.

It's a little bit of everything. I like B6 and truly want to see it succeed. Being 33 if I were gonna make the leap I wanna do it now while I can. No family, no debt, so the jump could be easy. Just the shear numbers on retirements I would have a chance to finish very high somewhere else. But also I don't have faith in this company. There have been too many screw ups too soon to up my faith. There is no accountability here. This place is run by a bunch of rookies. We use "Hope" too much here. And like poker, stock market, or anything in life Hope is not part of the equation. But make no mistake about it, I'm not afraid of a merger. I'm more afraid of the vision of Jetblue. Seeing you are a former J41 guy too, I learned a lot of valuable lessons early on in my career.

Not to mention the fact that they lie CONSTANTLY.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back