• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blue jets new uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The roll out of the new uniform is the biggest joke of the whole thing. Just like the last PEA. Here is the deadline. Okay, things aren't going well. Here is the new deadline. Some people still haven't received their new uniforms. When they do, some will still need to tailor them. The incompetence with which we execute amazes me sometimes.

Also, can anybody post a link for external view of the "uniform video" with our illustrious captain skipping down the hall hand-in-hand with the FAs, agents, etc.? It is the train wreck from which you cannot look away. The last few seconds are priceless.

WTF? I've worked numerous days since the rollout and haven't notice anybody in the old uniform. Even if there were a handfull I wouldn't call that a joke or unsuccessful. They gave a 2 week timeframe for pilots transition, that sounds pretty reasonable to me.

And the video, who f'ing cares? Seriously is there anything some guys won't complain about? I think if the narrative one is looking for is always negative, any new change, initiative etc is just more fodder to complain about.

Last edited:
Got my shirts tailored, $35/shirt. They fit great now. The lady had to remove 10" of fabric from the back of my 17.5" neck tall tapered. I think I'll get the jacket done too. Other than that it's much improved from the old slop.

IMO it's an improvement all in all. However, there are a couple glaring quality issues - We are a week in and I've seen shirts lose buttons and the dotted ties are fraying.

Should have gone with white shirts that way anyone can order/buy the kind they like and feel comfortable with. Pants and jacket look good, blue tie works but should have kept old stripes. The new ones are awful, too skinny, don't fit and outline the blue with dark gray-almost Brown...could have outlined it with silver to make blue pop.

The slacks aren't standard grey pants as was mentioned earlier. They have a thin blue "window pane" watermark that makes it impossible to order matching pants from anywhere but the official vendor.

I wonder which Board Member owns a piece of HPI?

The lighter shirt material is a double edged sword. Cooler in the heat but it won't hold shape out of the dry cleaners plastic. I flew with a guy who had not received the correct pants yet so he went with the old uni. He got more smack talk from other pilots than anyone else. It's a shame. The rollout was a mess and he took the grief. This group has a way to go before we make any real headway with attitudes like that.

Latest resources

Back