Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry but this crap bothers me.
Big words from a 190 pilot.
I do not think the top guys at this place are dumb at all.
The middle group is up for debate.
If the money is there and it's good for wall st it will be done.

With the monolith carriers, we may need each other (JB and ALK) to be relevant and strong enough. If it doesn't happen soon with DL throwing capacity at both of us, you may not think our management is so smart for long....

How has our profitability been compared to our peers? Do you not think these guys fumble a great many things? By the way, the top guys get to pick, lead and fire the middle guys. If there is failures at the middle, it is ultimately because the top isn't doing their jobs sufficiently. I'm not all negative, and you know that.

We will all know the future after it happens. Good luck to us all.

With the monolith carriers, we may need each other (JB and ALK) to be relevant and strong enough. If it doesn't happen soon with DL throwing capacity at both of us, you may not think our management is so smart for long....

How has our profitability been compared to our peers? Do you not think these guys fumble a great many things? By the way, the top guys get to pick, lead and fire the middle guys. If there is failures at the middle, it is ultimately because the top isn't doing their jobs sufficiently. I'm not all negative, and you know that.

We will all know the future after it happens. Good luck to us all.[/Q

I know you are not all negative, I just think many guys throw around management is dumb here to fast.

We will all know the future after it happens. Good luck to us all.[/Q

I know you are not all negative, I just think many guys throw around management is dumb here to fast.

Frankly I hope it happens. I think we would both be much stronger. I also think it is entirely possible and almost feel like it is already in the works right now.

Since 2006: delta was a done deal

AA was a done deal
Delta was a done deal again
SWA was a done deal
AA was a done deal again then delta again
We were going to buy va then frontier then we didn't ...

The only thing that's for sure is you won't know until you read it in the USA today on a layover.

Since 2006: delta was a done deal

AA was a done deal
Delta was a done deal again
SWA was a done deal
AA was a done deal again then delta again
We were going to buy va then frontier then we didn't ...

The only thing that's for sure is you won't know until you read it in the USA today on a layover.

Actually I never believed any of those. That was the bluepilots.com, the sky is falling crowd.

So no, none of that stuff was a "done deal".

CEO Anderson has said that Seattle will be the Atlanta of the west coast. Northwest and Delta helped build up Alaska over the years by code sharing, with Alaska using their financial resources. Now Delta is pushing into Alaska markets affecting their bottom line.

Would not surprise me if Delta walks in after a while and offers the board a deal they couldn't refuse.

Latest resources

Back