Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of airlines jumped this morning on the Delta December traffic report

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/airline-stocks-rise-delta-revenue-190159174.html

Airline stocks rose Friday, led higher by Delta Air Lines after it reported better-than-expected December revenue.

Delta also said its fuel price for the month was cheaper than it had forecast, by 3 cents per gallon.

After the announcement by Delta, S&P Capital IQ raised its rating on Delta to "Strong Buy" from "Buy," raised its estimates for 2013 and 2014 profits, and raised its price target for Delta to $40, from $30. Analyst Jim Corridore wrote that he thinks Delta is likely to continue to be able to take in more per-seat revenue than other airlines.

In afternoon trading, Delta Air Lines Inc. was up $1.45, or 5.5 percent, to $29.15.

United Continental Holdings Inc. rose $1.93, or 4.8 percent, to $39.66. American Airlines Group Inc., which now also includes US Airways, rose $1.24, or 4.9 percent, to $26.60. Southwest Airlines Co. rose 43 cents, or 2.3 percent, to $19.31.

Smaller airlines were also higher. JetBlue Airways Corp. rose 45 cents, or 5.3 percent, to $9.06, and Alaska Air Group Inc. rose $1.56, or 2.2 percent, to $74.74. Spirit Airlines Inc. was up $1.59, or 3.2 percent, to $47.24.

Thanks,

I was figuring that was what lead to the increase.. I was just a bit suprised Hawaiian rose as much as it did considering our November traffic was down from 2012... We seem to be rising a few cents here and there, but 7+% was definitely not what I expected...

I agree with our passenger travel profiles, although keeping the "Hawaiian" name on the side of the airplane (and everything else) would be very easy...

"Hawaiian Airlines operated by ......."

History has shown passengers really don't care about who it is, only the cheapest ticket... And for those remaining who do care about starting their Hawaiian vacation on Hawaiian Airlines, they won't necessarily care about who the actual owners of the company are...

I've learned through a recent furlough that anything is always possible. Appearances (such as the Hawaiian brand feeding Hawaii) take a distant second seat, and everything comes down to money.. I don't doubt for a second our newest board member is in it for one thing.... If the right deal comes along I am pretty positive what his vote would be...

I don't want to see it happen at all, but I've got a suspicion that something will eventually happen. I'm in a wait and see period...

BTW, besides some of the other airlines showing strong financials, why did HA stock jump nearly 7% this morning? I've tried finding any news on it or reasons why but came up with nothing....

Well, I'm still in the any merger won't happen camp, but.....I have to admit I've heard a few comments that are weakening that stand. It's nice to know that getting Government approval would be hard for anyone to buy AK or HA at least.
Your right about money talks though.
As far as HA/AK.... I have to think that an International Airbus hub in HNL hardly fits into what they have been quite successful at doing....a domestic 737 operation. Just because two profitable airlines appear to match up, doesn't mean they could be combined and be successful. Remember USAir and Piedmont, they were two of the most profitable airlines in the industry when they merged, once they combined forces they went steadily downhill.
As you said though, apparently AK's contract allows them to own and operate a separate entity? I can't see that being a very happy situation, but then either is a merger.

Thanks,

I was figuring that was what lead to the increase.. I was just a bit suprised Hawaiian rose as much as it did considering our November traffic was down from 2012... We seem to be rising a few cents here and there, but 7+% was definitely not what I expected...

I think everyone was down in November because the Sunday after Thanksgiving was in December this year.

Latest resources

Back