Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Angus Khan

a Festivus miracle
Bloomberg currently reporting that AMR looking at replacing all Super 80's with 737s. I guess that's a strong indication there's no 797 out there sometime "soon". Where's the money going to come from to buy or rent these things?

The money is not the big problem, it's getting production slots from Boeing. Good luck on that one AMR. Between CAL, SWA, and the overseas airlines, I believe the 737 production book is very full right now. Any link to the article?

I do not believe there are any delivery slots available for the 737 until 2009. Boeing would not even increase production for SWA. I would imagine if Airbus knows AMR is looking for a replacement for the -80s they will give them any of the 320 family for free. If they gave them to JetBlue, they might actually pay AMR to fly them. Heck they might even throw in some simulators.

On Bloomberg tv it was shown on the bottom of the screen. I don't know any more than that. Maybe they'll be buying Delta's production slots.

is it all 737 slots that are full or is it just the -700 slots that are full? AA flies the -800 maybe there are more of those to be had....

i dunno...

On Bloomberg tv it was shown on the bottom of the screen. I don't know any more than that. Maybe they'll be buying Delta's production slots.

We did not give up all of our slots, in fact we have 10 737-700s and a couple 738s still scheduled for 2007-2008. We did sell some though, to a couple of lessors. Maybe 25 slots?

Bye Bye--General Lee

I do not believe there are any delivery slots available for the 737 until 2009. Boeing would not even increase production for SWA. I would imagine if Airbus knows AMR is looking for a replacement for the -80s they will give them any of the 320 family for free. If they gave them to JetBlue, they might actually pay AMR to fly them. Heck they might even throw in some simulators.

This may be true since everyone is getting away from the A380 and the company is losing is rear end on it.

Latest resources

Back