• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blocked!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
information chicken............'comin down like a Baron FULL o doctors!!

I bet you are the annoying guy that yells....BLOOOOCKED!!!!!!! instead of saying blocked
No that's not me...in fact I think even saying blocked just interferes. It's not like everyone listening doesn't know it got blocked...except for air shuttle who blocked the whole frequency giving a five minute explaination about where the storms are on his "fish finder" (doesn't actually know what that means but boy it sure sounded cool when that mainline guy said it)and which way he'd prefer to go around it....instead of just asking for 10 left or right.
Of course that's assuming they dodge the weather at all...I've told and heard horror stories of the mesa jumpseating experience.

No that's not me...in fact I think even saying blocked just interferes. It's not like everyone listening doesn't know it got blocked...

...everyone on the frequency except the controller and the pilot who blocked each other, who are the only ones who really matter.

This is directed towards Air Shuttle:

I know most of you FOs just got your private pilot's license a week ago, but the lack of professionalism on the radio has got to stop. Would it be so hard to listen for a few seconds after you flip a frequency to see if someone else is talking?! I keep having you idiots block the controllers halfway through reading a clearance to me! Then when they don't answer right away you block em again! I heard one of your guys block the controller 6 times in a row the other day. The moron finally shut up for 5 seconds so the guy could get a word in edge wise. Hint: If you get handed off to a center frequency the airplane will not fall out of the sky if you don't check in right away. The controller had to accept your radar target so he already knows you're there. You still have to call, but you don't have to keep calling and calling if he's busy...he'll get to you....sheesh!

I know it isn't all of you, and it certainly isn't just mesa (just mostly), but those of you that see it going on need to help this situation get resolved. It's getting out of hand. Captains, stop your FOs from doing this crap.

By the way...if you say you copied the ATIS in CLT, then why is it that you continue to readback the whole god d@mned clearance?! It alway says to ONLY read back the squawk UNLESS YOU HAVE A QUESTION and to taxi with your transponders on.

I'm just tired of it always being mucked up around there over this unprofessional nonsense.

AMEN, brother

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back