• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Blocked!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have always wanted to do this when I missed a call (happened only once)

"Sorry, I was on a land line"

I'm particularly impressed with the new trend of calling "blocked" on Center frequencies. Don't you realize that due to the large distances involved and signal strength, a transmission that seems "blocked" to you is not always "blocked" from the intended receiver, and your "blocked" call does nothing but "block" the readback to the controller. There's typically not much going on in the flight levels that is so critical that "blocked" needs to be announced. Save it for the terminal area, if you really feel like you must use it at all.

I'm particularly impressed with the new trend of calling "blocked" on Center frequencies. Don't you realize that due to the large distances involved and signal strength, a transmission that seems "blocked" to you is not always "blocked" from the intended receiver, and your "blocked" call does nothing but "block" the readback to the controller. There's typically not much going on in the flight levels that is so critical that "blocked" needs to be announced. Save it for the terminal area, if you really feel like you must use it at all.

Spot on chap. Sometimes if I get the urge to yell "blocked", i will tune in 123.45 and relive this urge on some poor weekend warrior trying to find his bud.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back