Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mysteryofflight

um.. #3 isn't starting
Just wondering how many of you out there have a "blacklist" and for that matter, how many have actually found a potential jumpseater's name on it and gave them the big boot?

The subject came up the other day in the crew room and had me on the net looking for a Go-Jet, Freedom, etc., pilot list.......

Never bothered with one, I don't like getting into jumpseat wars. Besides, those things are never accurate, with missing names and names that shouldn't be there. I'm not going to deny the jumpseat because of a case of mistaken identity.

Back in late 99 I actually had a United Capt. whip out a scab list and check for my name... I pointed out to him that I was in diapers for the last strike and couldn't possibly be on it. ;)

So every once in a while you run in to some militant idiot out there that takes this stuff seriously but hardly ever. I've noticed on here lately that most of the people on here threatening the GJ and Freedom people with denied jumpseats are F.O.'s that have no clue... Jumpseat wars never work and are childish/stupid.

h25b said:
Back in late 99 I actually had a United Capt. whip out a scab list and check for my name... I pointed out to him that I was in diapers for the last strike and couldn't possibly be on it. ;)

So every once in a while you run in to some militant idiot out there that takes this stuff seriously but hardly ever. I've noticed on here lately that most of the people on here threatening the GJ and Freedom people with denied jumpseats are F.O.'s that have no clue... Jumpseat wars never work and are childish/stupid.

Nobody cares until is their own problem....

H25B,

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago on a United flight. At the time, I was offended, but after realizing the damage that the scabs did to united/eastern/continental it was probably a good lesson that I learned in kind of a back handed way to NEVER SCAB. I have a lot more respect for someone who remembers this stuff, than someone who thinks what these freedom/gj's are doing is ok. (The only time I have ever been denied a jumpseat, it was by a Freedom guy from MRY-PHX during Freedom A). Fortunately we don't have to worry about denying *************************s jumpseats....they are not on our approved list, and hence won't even make it to the airplane.

respectfully disagreeing,
Mookie

Ok, did I miss something...why does GauxJets get edited??? it is the name of their company.....

Mysteryofflight, I be reading ye profile and poses a great question!!

If ye have "all ratings all types" then ye should know the engine with thee belly can in it is the number three engine!!

Guess ye never flew the L-1011, scallywag!! Go back to your Saab at Mesaba, sit there quietly and swing the gear when called for, and keep your nose out of the big pirates forum!!

Feathersword said:
Mysteryofflight, I be reading ye profile and poses a great question!!

If ye have "all ratings all types" then ye should know the engine with thee belly can in it is the number three engine!!

Guess ye never flew the L-1011, scallywag!! Go back to your Saab at Mesaba, sit there quietly and swing the gear when called for, and keep your nose out of the big pirates forum!!

Aaarrrgghh!!!

Ye ave a good aye!

it's funny these past couple weeks with nw mech, pilots and others chiming in.

it seems this industry has changed or evolved not for the better in the last few years. folks are saying its ok to fly a jet for less than a night cashier at 7-11, its ok to pay the company for your training, its ok to look like a college student scooting around, its ok to skirt any type of senority, its ok to not stand up to mgt., its ok not to care about this industry. the thing most alarming is the lack of support for your fellow pilot. there is this underlying tone that keeps echoing--its OK to SCAB. its OK to SCAB.

there are thousands of reasons to wear your IPOD, your back-pack, sport your big cloggy mudd clunkers, carry your attitude on your sleeve. you may even be able to sale the idea that its a great idea to pay to get a job, or type or skirt senority. hey its not your fault-its mgt. right? but folks, there are NO reasons-NONE to be a SCAB.

what about----------------NO reasons.

fbt

Latest resources

Back