Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Black leaders unhappy about Delta Air Lines’ diversity.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
deleted. I misinterpreted the post to which I responded. Apologies Linedriver

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we all notice race, WERE HUMAN!! If I fly with a black or female pilot I assume they got their job because of this. Not asian or white. Why do you think this is? Because of affirmative action. My personal opinion is that affirmative action, though it once served a purpose, is now outdated and actually promotes discrimination.
No one says life is fair. I would prefer pilots get their job because of their qualifications not your race or sex. After a few years of this policy of getting a job because of qualifications, the thoughts of minorities and females as pilots getting their jobs and not being the most qualified will go away. This is the ONLY way these thoughts from all of us will go away.

OMG this thread and article is such BS and I cannot take this "politcal correctness" BS anymore! I'm 3rd generation here (early 1900's) in the US and the black community still want's me to pay the way for them or give them one up, even though my family had nothing to do with the big slave thing in the beginning of this great country. Today I'm still labled as your evil white male, taking everything from those poor black folks..... Give me a F'in break! My family fought to get out of Eastern Europe for a chance to live the American dream and did just that, live the American dream by fighting in her wars, working hard and achieving our goals by being productive working members of the society and not living off the gov't. Sorry, but you need to work hard for it, as my family did and no one should get a handout here, no matter who or what you are. I worked hard and I'm still working hard to hold what I have. It's called life so get use to it! If you are looking fo rthe free handout, move to Europe or somewhere that will accomidate you!

BTW- I'll keep my Guns, Freedom, & Money, You Can Keep the "Change"!

Here is a way to completely level the hiring playing field. You submit an application and your name, race and gender don't show up anywhere. You just get an application number. So your background and training file stands on it's own.

Now to completely level the field....No letters of rec. None. No phone calls. It takes the good ole boy network out. In theory the board would be forced to pick the best candidates regardless.

We have two pilots at our airline that were born and raised in South Africa. Even though they are white, they are true African Americans. But since they became US Citizens they consider themselves - AMERICANS.

How many generations is it going to take before they quit that crap and consider themselves Americans?

Here is a way to completely level the hiring playing field. You submit an application and your name, race and gender don't show up anywhere. You just get an application number. So your background and training file stands on it's own.

Now to completely level the field....No letters of rec. None. No phone calls. It takes the good ole boy network out. In theory the board would be forced to pick the best candidates regardless.

This is fine a dandy in a perfect world. I've heard stories that black applicants were given windshear(without their knowledge) on major airline interview sim evaluations in the 90's so they would be disqualified for the position. Was that fair? Just imagine you worked hard your whole life to get to a major airline interview and your chances are derailed by some ass controlling the sim because of the hue of your skin. These things are a fact. Where was the level playing field then? You can have spirited debate about Affirmative action if you want and that's fine. But I would assume none of you guys INCLUDING MYSELF have not had to experience something like that.

This is fine a dandy in a perfect world. I've heard stories that black applicants were given windshear(without their knowledge) on major airline interview sim evaluations in the 90's so they would be disqualified for the position. Was that fair? Just imagine you worked hard your whole life to get to a major airline interview and your chances are derailed by some ass controlling the sim because of the hue of your skin. These things are a fact. Where was the level playing field then? You can have spirited debate about Affirmative action if you want and that's fine. But I would assume none of you guys INCLUDING MYSELF have not had to experience something like that.

Fine. Then punish the perpetrator. Don't create a program that punishes everyone else! Is it difficult? Yup. But that still doesn't warrant punishing the masses.

Funny. We have race based programs in the US that must be followed. Used in hiring and promotion in almost everything. I seem to remember that this was exactly what this country is suppose to oppose. Everyone is created equal and is suppose to be treated as such. Instead of punishing those who violate this ideal. They create a program that uses the very methods of discrimination that we are suppose to stand against as the core method of action. All under the guise of "this is the only way"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back