• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Binge Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure I am not smarter than you just more experienced. And until you have the experience your just another Einstein without a clue.

I didnt say anything about him being smarter than me in aviation. In fact he implied I wasn't intelligent because of my flight time on an unrelated topic. Reread my post. We are talking about global hysteria's as ty webb metioned
I get a big chuckle over this whole "Global Warming" hysteria. . . . . here's some other hysterias that I can recall or have read about:
so our flight time has nothing to do with the subject. I just pointed out the complete opposite was being preached in the 1970's and this guy jumps all over me about global warming. Im sure he is much wiser than me about aviation. In fact what I suggested in my post was exactly what he suggested in his.

while exploring alternative with set goals of 10 to 20 years out to be independent is not unreasonable.

no we don't have to do it overnight we have the next 20 years to get busy

Ty- you talk like an idiot. People like to entertain themselves with what they can say under the anonymity of the internet. Until you grow up a bit though-- i'll be ignoring you.

There's no replacing talent in this industry. There are a whole lot of pilots out there that are just barely good enough not to get fired- and haven't wrecked yet. I never met a truly secure pilot who had to tell his 'number'. Riddle-- i'll make fun of you b/c or your screen name and that you haven't yet presented a valid argument. There might have been a scientist talking about global cooling in the 70's. There were also those who predicted a global warming. i think there were doctors back then talking about the health benefits of cigarettes too.

The problem with waiting 20 years is we're a nation of procrastinators. If we begin now-- we might have a solution in 20 years-- But we have to start now.

By the way-- we have the lowest mandated mpg in the industrialized world except for china. How can you argue when the technology is there-- other nations have cars with 100% better fuel efficiency-- it's just not being sold to us. You guys are arguing FOR paying $50 a week in gas. I don't get it. What is so great about burning a lot of gas and paying all that money to do it?

One more thing-- Let's talk ethanol for a minute. Brazil has transferred over to sugar ethanol-- a very clean alternative. (again-- the technology is there) We are considering ethanol-- but it seems the corn lobbyists have a bit more money-- trouble is-- corn ethanol burns only slightly cleaner than gas. I don't know enough about this-- but it appears right now that we are going to finance a switch that really won't help that much.

I would only say that there are many many credible scientists who would disagree.

I would like to know who created that website? With it's sarcasm- it looks like it was funded by someone with something to gain from people ignoring GW. Lobbyists are not conspiracy theories.

When China and India clean up their mess, we'll talk. Until that happens, anything we do to reduce fossil fuel usage is wasted. TC

P.S.--There are lots of scientists who are asking for more proof (other than just a 100 year time frame--which is virtually irrelevent in geological/climatological terms) and they are shouted down by those "scientists" who have declared the subject "settled". Just as there are pilots who are incompetent and "wackos", so are there scientists who share those afflictions.

I could give both of you sheeple (err, people) a bibliography to read through that would probably run for three pages, all documenting the fact that the total rise in the last 100 years is less than 1C and is likely not the result of man.

What good would it do? Little to none. Your minds (I use the term usely) are made up; not because of fact, but because of hysteria.

When China and India clean up their mess, we'll talk. Until that happens, anything we do to reduce fossil fuel usage is wasted. TC

P.S.--There are lots of scientists who are asking for more proof (other than just a 100 year time frame--which is virtually irrelevent in geological/climatological terms) and they are shouted down by those "scientists" who have declared the subject "settled". Just as there are pilots who are incompetent and "wackos", so are there scientists who share those afflictions.

First off the scientists have data from before the ice age thousands upon thousands of years. How do they get this info? Your not smart enough to understand so I won't explain to you.

India and China pollute less than we if you put the two of them together we still produce more pollution then them why because our economy its still many times there size. We need to look within and stop blamming. Funny I always thought the USA was the leader in the world but I guess we have to wait for countries like China and India before we do the right thing - if we follow your logic.

Look just cause we strive toward energy independence and making ourselves more effecient doesn't mean our great way of life will end....It will only enhance it if you keep your mind and imagination open you would understand.

What bout the DRONES Dr. TY? Please, tell us about the DRONES. Are they really invading Commercial Aviation?

1-800-cal-drty

Max, here's a quote from your post," Your not smart enough to understand so I won't explain to you".

You write like an 8th grader, and your mind is obviously closed on the subject.

Have yourself a nice life, and we'll revisit this subject in five years, when you can articulate a position and back it up with facts. Of course, by that time, "Global Warming" will have been exposed for what it is . . . . just this decade's hysteria . . . and you'll be shrieking about the next one.

Latest resources

Back