• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Binge Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree that it is hysteria. There are two issues here.

1. The earth is warming. There is some scientific data that would show that the earth has warmed slightly less than 1 deg C over the last 100 years.

2. Man caused it to get warmer.

It is the jump from 1 to 2 that I think is the hysteria. The computer models used to project all the future warming don't include things like cloud cover(because we can't predict cloud formations, because we don't understand them), don't include precipitation (because we don't have any idea how much precipitation falls on any given day), or any number of things that have a tremendous impact on climate. By the way, wasn't there an ice age before the industrial revolution? Didn't the earth get significantly warmer after that? I am just saying that there is some historical evidence for significant climate change outside of man's impact.

Some pompous washed up ( and sore loser) windbag former politician makes a movie and suddenly global warming is a FACT!

Global Warming is a fact if you are: brillant, progressive, open-minded and have a greater understanding of how the world works and the science behind it.

Global Warming is fiction if you are: the stereotypical know-it-all pilot who thinks he is smarter than people who have spent their lives studying and learning. Yea like that guy that said the ozone hole was fake.....

Well the ozone hole was real caused by CFCs and with the world wide ban on CFCs enacted guess what....The hole disappeared and we don't have to worry about going outside with sunblock 4000 on.

Plus as Pilots we need to get on board with this just think if people slowly are forced to drive 50 mpg cars the price of oil will decrease and we will be able to ask for a RAISE!!!!!

Come back and talk to me in 5 years, kid. You'll look pretty foolish.

Global Warming is a fact if you are: brillant, progressive, open-minded and have a greater understanding of how the world works and the science behind it.

Global Warming is fiction if you are: the stereotypical know-it-all pilot who thinks he is smarter than people who have spent their lives studying and learning. Yea like that guy that said the ozone hole was fake.....

!!

11. Global cooling.

Google global cooling and see what you find. These same type of scientist from the 1940-1970's were so worried about the rate that the globe was cooling that some of the extreme ideas were to spread ash on the north pole. We would have been royally screwed now huh?

Oh Global warming is not possible because of a few crazy 1940s era global cooling folks. I fail to see the logic in this.. keep flying that duchess kido.

Webb your right in five year not much will have happened. Katrina's and other natural disasters have very little to do with global warming they are most likely caused from WX patters associated with El ninos etc. Global warming is not causing the catastrophes that the news channels love to glorify - GLobal Warming is a very slow and methodical process - it is chipping away at nature which will inturn chip away at us. If you don't understand the implications of losing much of the plankton in the world's ocean because of a 2 degree drop in mean temperature then you are a right fool.

I want to keep our standard of living and become richer. We need to find better ways to produce even more power than we are now. We need to become extremly effiecent by investing in and using renewals as opposed to conservation.

The great state of Minnesota is investing Billions in wind turbines and will supply over a quarter of the states power from them by the year 2022.... at first it will be more expensive about 25 percent compared to coal but after some time approx 10 years they will be the same price and from then on become cheaper. NOW THATS SMART. But then thats why we have highest level of longevity and lowest unemployment with highest per capita income. Our taxes suck but I love breathing the clean air and riding the light rail to work.

What is the great benefit of emitting tons of carbon into the atmosphere that all of you are so willing to fight for your right to do it? I won't argue the science behind global warming-I know i'm no climatologist. But i will say that it defies my common sense that polluting so much will do nothing. It's also common sense to me that when in doubt, the cleaner way wins. Why not?

None of the scientists are confused. My sister is an environmental engineer. Now how do you think i'd feel if she tried to tell me about aviation. At some point you have to trust the experts who work and study this every day for their job.

Unless of course you're the type that loves all those reports on CNN and Fox news every time there's a plane crash. What's foolish is people who act like experts when they aren't.

You fail to see my logic and attack me because I fly a duchess? I must be a freaking retard because i don't have 6000 hours like you. All those hours flying made you sooo much smarter than me on a completely different subject.

If you fail to see my logic let me explain it to you although you are so much smarter than me and should already know it.

1. The original post asked about things people were worried about that never came to be. Since global warming was mentioned I thought I would mention something in the past exactly opposite to it.

2. I'm saying slow down. Look at all of the evidence. When is the last time you heard a report on national t.v. with a scientist who refuted global warming. You won't because the media loves doom and gloom. This stuff is shoved down our throats 24-7 with no discussion at all. (Until recently)

3. (Not related to the original post per say) We can fight about global warming all we want but one thing we would probably agree on would be to get off of foreign oil owned by everyone who hates us in the world. Drilling in our own country now while exploring alternative with set goals of 10 to 20 years out to be independent is not unreasonable.

Attack and discuss ideas not flight hours. :beer:

edit: just read waves post after mine and agree there is no draw back to being clean

Last edited:
If the activities of man are the sole cause of the average temperature rise of the Earth, why is the average temperature of Mars also rising?

Latest resources

Back