• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bill to remove the TSA "Officer" Badges

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA= "thousands standing around"...and if they are not law enforcement officers, they should not wear a uniform that causes people to think they are, and they should be given a human factors/relations course..(if they can read and write well enough to pass one)...the whole TSA is a knee-jerk reaction to 9-11, and as previously mentioned, airport security did not fail, the weapons used were allowed...

a few months ago in DEN a TSA Goon would not let my cappy through with a small "Defender" mag light through. Said it was illegal...he had carriedn it for almost a year. He had to co-mat it back to his base....unreal

Same thing happened to the guy I fly with. He told the TSA that if he didn't have his flashlight he would have to cancel the flight. the TSA let him keep it. I agree that we should tell the airline and let them put the pressure on TSA as it is the airlines who decide what is not allowed on flights.

Tub Stacking Agency

I've overheard a couple of TSA goons the other day in the employee parking lot arguing how they should be allowed to carry guns on their jobs... WTF?? .... just saying....

Unfortunately while 99% of pilots think the same as this thread, ALPA will fully support the TSA as being good business.

ALPA will support them because ALPA supports big labor. Big Labor = Government employees - SEIU.

I don't think the TSA could have designed a more ineffective, backwards system if they had tried.
Let me get this straight- Pilots- the ones with the control of the aircraft behind the kevlar door with the axe and a personal stake in getting the aircraft safely from point A to B- TSA says- search their bags but don't check out 'WHO' they are (and no, the two finger wavethrough is not a valid ID check!) . I am told the terrorists are super geniuses thus the need for all the security. Its not very hard to dress like a pilot, make a fake ID, and bring as much liquids through security as possible and then change into a civilian on the other side and to start mixing.

Gate agents, fuelers, baggage handlers etc- the ones with no personal stake in what happens to the airplane, TSA says no search and let them bring any kind of bag or backpack to be left behind with a swipe of a card and no accountability. These people would be very easy to compromise (leave this bag under 4F or else) or they could be the bad guys themselves.

Is it just me or is the FFDO program relegated to being a hassle to the TSA? I watch the TSA parade the pilots to a very public place and let them through in plain sight of the public. Not even an effort of keeping things on the down low.

I have done the known crew a couple of times and it is a step in the right direction. I fear that as long as there are people under the wing with easy access, it is only a matter of time before something happens.

this bill is a waste of time. Maybee if everything in this country was going perfect, but it ain't- so go figure out a way to create jobs.

Latest resources

Back