Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Biggest issue for the "new United" pilots - SCOPE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How smart is a 70K paycheck flying the booger jets?

Get the flying back to mainline... make mainline pay.

I can't see any RJ pilot wanting to continue making crap wage voluntarily.

You "mainline" guys are funny. You vote for the scope, then blame us for no flying. I will make my 85k this year flying my little RJ w/ 15 days off every month. That is more than most mainline F/O's. The way I see it, how can I get a pay raise when I make more and hour than a 190 capt at USAIR ? Maybe if you all set the bar a little higher it would be better all around. My little regional gets full xcld pay and block or better. How bout yours ? Like I said, raise the bar mainliners.

You "mainline" guys are funny. You vote for the scope, then blame us for no flying. I will make my 85k this year flying my little RJ w/ 15 days off every month. That is more than most mainline F/O's. The way I see it, how can I get a pay raise when I make more and hour than a 190 capt at USAIR ? Maybe if you all set the bar a little higher it would be better all around. My little regional gets full xcld pay and block or better. How bout yours ? Like I said, raise the bar mainliners.

I voted for nothing of the sort. I did watch over a thousand good mainline jobs go to RJs and props though in exchange for LOA93. Good one there Don B!! :beer:

You are making 1/2 of what you should by the way. Better pack your backpack for you next trip.

Load your iPod.

your 85k is 2-3 year f/o pay so I wouldn't call that most

Stop blaming each other!!! The truth is mainline did realese
the scope, just take it back.....

Check your facts....the 70 seaters at UAL were a result of a backroom deal by the MEC....NO VOTE.

Heres to getting our flying back and leave you to the "booger jet" and your fat check meathead.

not a new company though, it is a merger. I would think contracts have to be honored. Look at NWA/Delta, AA/TWA, America West/US Air. They all keep feed.

And this begs the question (besides name recognition) why they are choosing to have UAL do the acquiring?
Do they think they can force the acquiring airline's scope on the entire merged pilot group?
Do they think that they can realize the benefits of JV style ops while stalling on a new JCBA and thus keep the pilot (and other employee) costs lower longer?

And this begs the question (besides name recognition) why they are choosing to have UAL do the acquiring?
Do they think they can force the acquiring airline's scope on the entire merged pilot group?
Do they think that they can realize the benefits of JV style ops while stalling on a new JCBA and thus keep the pilot (and other employee) costs lower longer?

They're not, it is name only.

I find it highly ironic that the loudest supporters of "take back scope" seem to be the ones with regional aircraft in their profiles. I guess you got yours so now it's time to slam the door on your brethren. This is EXACTLY why our profession is so f()*ed up.

I find it highly ironic that the loudest supporters of "take back scope" seem to be the ones with regional aircraft in their profiles. I guess you got yours so now it's time to slam the door on your brethren. This is EXACTLY why our profession is so f()*ed up.

Maybe it is because we former regional guys realize how powerful the whipsaw that MGT. wields over the Regional airlines are. We are trying to help you guy by increasing or at least sustaining the flying at the mainline.

My airline does not allow jets over 50 seats to be flown by anyone but our pilots. I am not shutting the door on anyone, you can keep your 50 seaters or join us at the mainline.

Latest resources

Back