Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Biggest issue for the "new United" pilots - SCOPE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The answer is to let the regional contracts for 70 seat aircraft expire at their normal expiration dates. If the new United needs these aircraft they become mainline aircraft. If that means we have to contract for training with the very same airline we just severed ties with than so be it. We become a launch customer for the new C-series or the M-jet for aircraft seating 85-115 seats and these aircraft become mainline aircraft with simulators located in IAH or DEN. Mainline mechanics work on them and mainine flight attendants staff the cabins. End of story. We sign agreements with the current 70 seat operators offering any displaced pilots interviews with UAL if the expiration of the 70 seat contracts down the road result in the furloughs of that particular company's pilots. Another angle would be to interview the pilots in seniority order at the carriers affected by cuts due to the loss of the 70 seat jets thus resulting in upward movement at the effected carriers. Work with Bombardier to phase out the CRJ700/900 we will now own(or hold the leases on) in a deal for C-series jets down the road. I think it will work out. Those pilots at these carriers that do not get picked up by UAL during the preferential interview process probably would have been lifers at the regional level anyway so at least if interviews are offered in seniority order at the effected regional airlines that person can advance upward by having mainline UAL take over the 70+ seat flying.
This will not happen over a 2 year period. It may take a decade but it WILL bring back the furloughed UAL/CAL pilots a lot quicker and provide stable mainline jobs going forward for thousands of pilots looking forward to a career in the airlines.

Last edited:
All the little RJ companies need to be shown the door. Mesa, Trans States, Republic, Shuttle America, ********************aka, and let's not forget BLOJET i mean GoJet.

It's MAINLINE FLYING YOU PUNKS GET OVER YOURSELVES

Care to explain the E145 and Jetstream experience in your bio?

IF this merger goes through, the careers of the CAL and United pilots hinges on SCOPE! The primary influence of SLI would be how CAL 50 seat scope is handled (via the Joint CBA).

Personally - NO SCOPE RELIEF! NO SCOPE RELIEF! NO SCOPE RELIEF!

For those that have been around, any thoughts on how this will be handled/twisted by management? How will the issue of feeders currently flying 70 seaters for United?

You mean the new Continental pilots.

Care to explain the E145 and Jetstream experience in your bio?

Exactly.

IAHERJ -- good, rational post.

Yuppypuppy -- eh, not so much.

I would hate to see the scope at CAL breached. CALs contract has been the last hope, the last holdout if you will, for (some of) those at the regionals who wanted to go to a major. Growth needs to come at the mainlines. Otherwise, the the dream is over. 53%+ of the flights provided by regionals because they are cheaper is not making this career better, more rewarding, or more stable.

Take it back, hold on to it, whatever. Just get 'er done.

Yeah and you mainline guys wanted the flying so bad that you voted it away. :laugh: You must feel pretty smart now I bet.

How smart is a 70K paycheck flying the booger jets?

Get the flying back to mainline... make mainline pay.

I can't see any RJ pilot wanting to continue making crap wage voluntarily.

I received an e-mail back from Pierce acknowledging my scope concerns. All UAL and CAL pilots should be e-mailing their respective MEC's and LEC reps. Make your voices heard. This is WAY too important to be taken lightly.

I received an e-mail back from Pierce acknowledging my scope concerns. All UAL and CAL pilots should be e-mailing their respective MEC's and LEC reps. Make your voices heard. This is WAY too important to be taken lightly.

What did he have to say?

What did he have to say?

Just that he appreciates the feedback and understands my concerns with scope. I know he must be busy as he11 right now so I'm glad I at least got a response and recognition that my voice has been heard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back