• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big va 1st quarter loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What would be wrong with that? Branson does own 25% of the airline, and owns the brand name. Since when is it wrong or bad for a person to invest money in their businesses? At least they aren't taking out government loans, or living off bankruptcy like most every other airline in the US has done over the past 10 years.

And before you start arguing good/bad business decisions, I'll tell you that Branson's opinions and ideas on how to run a business carry FAR more weight than anything you can say. He has walked the walk, I doubt you have.
Someone has a mancrush....

Relax people,

If a multi national wants move into a new market they may lose money for years before they establish a product and brand name.

I am furloughed U3K pilot making money in an oil country paying off US debt and paying for grad school.

BTW China is paying 17K per month for airbus Captain now. If you are pissed about Walmart go and get our money back :D

Globalization is nice.

What would be wrong with that? Branson does own 25% of the airline, and owns the brand name. Since when is it wrong or bad for a person to invest money in their businesses? At least they aren't taking out government loans, or living off bankruptcy like most every other airline in the US has done over the past 10 years.

And before you start arguing good/bad business decisions, I'll tell you that Branson's opinions and ideas on how to run a business carry FAR more weight than anything you can say. He has walked the walk, I doubt you have.

Wow you get pom poms with the uniform too?

Insert Neeleman for Branson, maybe? I know, Neeleman is merely double A.

The whole ... "Look at me, I'm in a cult too!" syndrome is AWESOME.

Really not trying to put your down. Its just funny.. Dont worry you'll smart up once the fun wears off.. It happened to me and thousands before me..

Been at this for well over a decade, been laid off three times, been through a divorce. Believe me, the "fun" wore off a long time ago.

However I have been around long enough to realize that slogging around at a regional hoping for a job with a legacy carrier full of bitter, angry old farts who keep selling out junior pilots and giving up scope, is anything but "smart". Sorry you keep thinking the failed conventional way of doing things is smart. I call it something else.

I agree with you. But I am a business man too. My main objective is to create profits FIRST!

If that is not being done, I give it ONE or TWO QUARTERs and I shut her down.

Please dont think Branson is your PAL. He is a capitalist, if VA is a thorn on his side, he will get rid of it..

Now, I am an employee also. With that in mind, please dont be blinded with aircraft orders, quick upgrades and HOT FLIGHT Attendants. I suggest you have a backup plan, and secure the BEST possible workrules, pay and contract you can.

Best of luck,

CYA

Latest resources

Back