Big Netjets decision...Need Help!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
Netjets may be a fine place to work for a bit, but to consider that TA grounds for a "career" is absurd. Shoot high for you career.

Not so sure about that statement. Guess it depends how long you've been here and what equipment you're in. I suppose I'm partial being in the BBJ, but there are quite a few others that enjoy their place here as well. Those in the EX and senior Class 3 drivers will perhaps have a shot at a good thing here, all things considered.

Why not just let it be? We can't all have it as golden as you do! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
FL450 said:
Not so sure about that statement. Guess it depends how long you've been here and what equipment you're in. I suppose I'm partial being in the BBJ, but there are quite a few others that enjoy their place here as well. Those in the EX and senior Class 3 drivers will perhaps have a shot at a good thing here, all things considered.

Why not just let it be? We can't all have it as golden as you do! :rolleyes:

Its about keeping industry pay and standards high. Nobody can predict when they may be looking for work.

Nobody should agree to those numbers, no way. You all work much harder than that.

You may have gotten accustomed to flying for peanuts (except you 6 BBJ pilots) but think about it, these numbers you jump at will last for what....10 more years?

beytzim:

One more addendum. Many pilots grounded airplanes left and right for the last 12 months - that had to create some bad blood with the owners - those owners may go elsewhere when their contract ends

Your tea leaves prediciton is half right. We have had owners leave in droves this year. Most that were candid with me, were not jumping from the pan into the fire and going with another fractional, but getting back into whole ownership.

This is the part where you were off base. It wasn't because of anything the pilots did that drove them off. It was the way they were treated by management and owner services. Specifically being lied to about delays and aircraft availability. The one thing OS forgets is that the pilots are the last line of defence for any BS that was fed to the owner. If we don't cover their lies, then the owner fiqures out fairly quick who is pissing on their leg and telling them it's raining. This worked in the past when everyone was playing ball, but now we let them sink or swim.

G200-
6 BBJ pilots? Numbers I jump at? Interesting comments, but off target. I understand your concern with raising the bar, so perhaps you can explain to us all how good you have it at your place of employment? Share with us all your salary, seniority and prospects for maintaining those for the next 10 years.

While you're at it, perhaps you will enlighten us all by explaining what you personally have done to help the industry besides not working for NetJets?:confused:

I've been at two airlines, evan Captain at the beter of the two (and that was in the good days before 9/11). The pay has been my only gripe, but that will be changing now if things go as expected with the TA.
I for one will not return to the airlines. Yes, NJA is more work by far, but I feel good after a tour, not exhausted and angry like the airlines. If I were you I would come here. You may decide you don't want SWA after all. Besides, simply having the 1000 PIC may not be enough to get the job. And besides that too, SWA will be growing until the whole world is blue and orange, so there should be hiring there a long time. To quote John Lennon: "All we are saying....is give NJA a chaaaaaance".

Last edited:
Thanks All

Netjets should be a great place to work! I start indoc on the 7th of November and am assigned the mighty Ultra. I'm very excited about it all. NJA does feel like somewhere I will be long term. Thank you to everybody who contributed their honest opinion...I took them all to heart!

Now, I guess it's back to studying!

WillFlyFoCookie said:
Netjets should be a great place to work! I start indoc on the 7th of November and am assigned the mighty Ultra. I'm very excited about it all. NJA does feel like somewhere I will be long term. Thank you to everybody who contributed their honest opinion...I took them all to heart!

Good job! I hear it is a fun aircraft to fly.

WillFlyFoCookie said:

Congrats on the job offer. I'm glad that you are excited. If the TA passes, you skated in just under the wire.

PM if you have questions about training.

Why bother studying?

Drinking is key to get through indoc. Plus blowing your per diem is perfect for sirens. You get in free with your room key. :)

FSI is a joke too.

Latest resources

Back