Big Meeting Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Inside Job?

My Delta Insider swore up and down that Delta was to crap on skywest/asa and get the $125mil from the bk court anyway then drop them as a connection and use comair to fly the E190. He said also that Horizon big wigs have been at the Comair GO to see how things are run there. He said this is fact not rumor!

Looks like you need to get another insider!;)

CheapFlyer said:
Here is the concept you just don't seem to grasp. An FO at Delta making 130k/year can take a 15% pay cut and still make a decent living. A Comair FO making 38k a year will now have to sell his little bi-level house in Kentucky to get a double-wide. Comair pilots are not overpaid.

-CF

Hey CF,

I wish I made 130,000 a year. After my 3 1/2 year vacation from the Delta family I will be lucky to pull down 80,000 BEFORE the latest cuts. I made in the low 20's when I was in the commuters for years. We've all had to eat Ramen noodles once or twice in our lives, so suck it up and quit whining. If it's so bad then quit. You need to share the wealth, would you like the 64% paycut I'm taking on your paycheck??? (from NOV 2004) I didnt think so!!! You want date of hire?? come get it and join the party.............you are preaching to the choir....

Bill

There are fliers in the pilot's lounge for a meeting with FRED on FRIDAY.
There are supposed to be two meetings. One early in the day and one in the afternoon with Fred. It says to RSVP NOW! to experience the fun :)

So maybe they're going to discuss the bad news that comes out at 4 PM on THURSDAY????

The meeting isn't in ops though. I think it's at the G.O.

The fliers in the pilot's lounge about the meeting on Friday have been up since atleast Sunday.

Jet

My Delta Insider swore up and down that Delta was to crap on skywest/asa and get the $125mil from the bk court anyway then drop them as a connection and use comair to fly the E190. He said also that Horizon big wigs have been at the Comair GO to see how things are run there. He said this is fact not rumor!

The deal between big D and ASA/Skywest was a gauranteed aggreement to fly as Delta Connection for 15 yrs. They can't just dump it.

Headfake14 said:
The deal between big D and ASA/Skywest was a gauranteed aggreement to fly as Delta Connection for 15 yrs. They can't just dump it.

Anything can be dumped in Bankruptcy. Pensions,Debts, and yes even contracts. The judge is the deciding factor not any previous agreements.

Headfake14 said:

The purpose of my post was to poke fun at how easily rumors get started and the types of sources they come from. I hope now you can get the humor in my post.

Dave

Latest resources

Back