Bi annual after 2 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dumpduck1

I havent flown SEL in over two years. What will it take to get current. I still have my old log and can still spell VOR. Thanks,Mike I have about 100 hours.YE HA! Ready for the majors!:D

You'll need the BFR. Basically, you need to be at the private skill level for everything the instructor asks you to do. Go up with an instructor before hand and see how much practice you'll need first.

You are never required to have a bi Annual according to the regs regardless of what flying you are doing or how long you've been in recess.

PAPA FOX! said:
You are never required to have a bi Annual according to the regs regardless of what flying you are doing or how long you've been in recess.

I don't know what regulation you are thinking of but to act as PIC of an aircraft, you have to have had a Bienniel flight review within the last 24 calander months.

aaaaaaaactually it's just a "Flight Review"...neither Bi Annual or Bienniel.....

According to 61.56

-mini

uuh. Lets see.. Fly any way according to P.FoX Daddy or go with an instructor.Hmmm. Tough choice.hmmm. Ill go with instructor you FN MOOOORON!

minitour said:
aaaaaaaactually it's just a "Flight Review"...neither Bi Annual or Bienniel.....

According to 61.56

-mini

Although you are correct mini, the feds now just call it a flight review. Pilots who have been flying for decades such as myself have always known the review as a bienniel. A lot of old times incorrectly use the term biannual ( meaning twice a year ) but I never correct them.

I think papa fox was kidding because he spelled it bi annual instead of bienniel. Guess no one got the joke.

dumpduck1 said:
and can still spell VOR.

you're screwed. They've changed it all since then.
VOR is now spelled "veryhighfrequencyomnidirectionalrangefinder"
Something about government excess.
Good luck.

Whether or not its called Flight Review now or not, I always find it funny how many people, and flight schools use the term "Bi-Annual" as opposed to the correct term "Bi-Ennial".

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather take my flight review every two years as opposed to twice a year!

While I was leaving our home airport the other day, I noticed there was a big billboard on the side of the road that was for a flight school advertising "BiAnnual Flight Reviews." Come on guys your suppose to know whats going on, atleast get it right for the billboard! It's one thing for a student or private pilot to SAY it, but to actually WRITE it out and advertise it that way! :D

Latest resources

Back