• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bi annual after 2 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, for all the fuss about the correct word, nobody has gotten it correct yet.

Two "i"s, one "e", one "a", and NO hyphen

BIENNIAL

:)

apcooper said:
I think papa fox was kidding because he spelled it bi annual instead of bienniel. Guess no one got the joke.

Some of us got it, those of us who are relaxed with a nice glass of vino...

I find it interesting that ASA released their new 2005 edition to the "Guide to Biennial Flight Review". Guess they are holding on to all the folks who used the take the Biennial.

dumpduck1 said:
I havent flown SEL in over two years.
In the discussion about the correct name and spelling of the flight review (sheesh! talk about being anal!), I don't thing this was asked:

Does your question mean that you =have= flown aircraft other than SEL? Like multis or gliders or helicopters? If so, you don't need the flight review by any name. The flight review may be done in any aircraft for which the pilot is rated.

midlifeflyer said:
Does your question mean that you =have= flown aircraft other than SEL? Like multis or gliders or helicopters? If so, you don't need the flight review by any name.

Slightly misleading, Midlife. I think you mean to say, if you have *done a flight review* in any kind of aircraft, not if you have flown any...

nosehair said:
?...that's not an FAR.

Anyway, that was to Tony C. only.

I know that your question is for TonyC only, but that's ok, I'm Tony's evil twin from a parallel dimension.....sooooo.

You don't have to refer to the FARs, all you gotta to do is pull out a dictionary. These are ordinary, everyday words.

Biennial: Once every 2 years.

Biannual: twice a year.

it's that simple.

A Squared said:
I know that your question is for TonyC only, but that's ok, I'm Tony's evil twin from a parallel dimension.....sooooo.
Hey, wait, I thought I was the evil twin!

You know, I'm beginning to wonder if they sell those things (dictionaries) anymore.

Come to think if it, my kids use mine -- they don't have their own. What will they do when they leave the nest?

Oh, my. I'm off to the book store. :)

Latest resources

Back