• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best & Worst FBOs at Teterboro

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the last 10 or so months I have had nothing but great service from First Aviation. Hard to believe, but I think they have turned the corner. If it was my plane and their prices we competitive (I honestly don't know) I would park at First.
Jet is way to crowded and the crew room has always been overflowing. But it has been a long time since I actually went inside.

First had no place to go but up. They were so bad for so long that even mediocre service is a plesant suprise. The counter girls are better then in the past, but still need some help. Of course you could always try out LGA that is real fun. LOL

You need to get out more Hog.....

Not that impressed by First. I guess the tipping point would be when I had to go into the back room to search for "misplaced" snack items. The girl behind the counter seemed to be preoccupied with something else. That and it took 30 minutes to get a bag of ice. Maybe I just had bad luck and lazy bastards happened to be working those days.

Love Meridians facilities!

There is, shall we say, a pre-existing and "close" relationship between NJA/I and First Aviation.

There is a good reason for the relationship. Loyalty. The story I heard from many back at NJA in the beginning, was that during a rough period for the company in the 1980s every other FBO at TEB demanded cash up front from him for fuel, while First Aviation extended 14 days credit to RTS/EJA. Being a loyal old-schooler from Brooklyn, he has endeavored to repay the favor ever since then and take care of those who helped him.

Fly safe.

I was werkin at Beechcraft East TEB when they closed down in the mid '80's. After they shut down, Atlantic Aviation took over the FBO operation for the Port Authority. I continued to provide pilot services for most of the a/c owners based there as needed. One of them was the man was the driving force to get separate IFR slots for TEB, not qued in EWR. In addition to his full time job, he started First Aviation around 1986.. I went to werk full time for him when he started it, from the initial reconstruction phase of the hangar in '86 until '89. Good man to werk for, and treated his employees fairly, but...he was a ballbuster. He retired in 2001. He then helped his wife run First Aviation. By the way, the last job he did before he retired was negotiate the leases for the WTC in July of 2001.

FAS sure has grown a lot since the original one hangar.

First Aviation

There is, shall we say, a pre-existing and "close" relationship between NJA/I and First Aviation.

There is a good reason for the relationship. Loyalty. The story I heard from many back at NJA in the beginning, was that during a rough period for the company in the 1980s every other FBO at TEB demanded cash up front from him for fuel, while First Aviation extended 14 days credit to RTS/EJA. Being a loyal old-schooler from Brooklyn, he has endeavored to repay the favor ever since then and take care of those who helped him.

Fly safe.

That is the relationship to which I was referring. RTS is the loyal sort. One of the many reasons I'm happy to work for him.

Gret, RTS does not own First Aviation. Goldman Sachs is involved in the current ownership as I understand it but Berkshire ethics guidelines would prevent a Netjets employee or executive from participating in the ownership of a prominent service vendor.

Latest resources

Back