• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rubberducky

RJ Gearbitch
Just heard this the other day;

ORD GND: "UAL 123 follow the United Express RJ from the left to 22L"

UAL 123: "Follow the Barbie Jet to 22L UAL 123"

UNKNOWN: "It's better than a bankrupt jet!"

Yeah I heard a good one the other day, too bad it was me responding to a call for traffic out in front of us, we were solid IMC so I respond with...

"We're IFR..."

Some time ago I heard a good one from an ACA J41 crew around PHL. The controller called traffic: "Blueridge 1234, traffic is a DC-9 six O'clock and 4 miles 1000 feet above you will be overtaking you from behind".

Without missing a beat, the crew responds with "Roger, we'll prepare to be taken from behind".

The freq. went silent with the inevitable "that's what she said" type comments. The controller finally had to step in and while chuckling himself, said "OK guys, that's enough".

In ATL this past week, with close to 30 aircraft in line to depart. Just before switching to Departure, a pilot told the tower controller, "Have a nice day."

Without missing a beat, the tower controller responded, "Not a chance" and in the same breath cleared the next aircraft for takeoff.

Gave those of us that were in the money line for 30 minutes already something to chuckle at.

One busy day on O'Hare approach freq an unidentified voice cuts in and says .... ..... " Awww, I'm all F##ked up now ! The controller replies.......... " Who said that ? " ................ After a moment of silence the unidentified voice comes back and says... " I'm not THAT F##ked up !

One busy day on O'Hare approach freq an unidentified voice cuts in and says .... ..... " Awww, I'm all F##ked up now ! The controller replies.......... " Who said that ? " ................ After a moment of silence the unidentified voice comes back and says... " I'm not THAT F##ked up !

I heard that a little different.
Guy comes on the radio: "I'm F#ckin' bored"
Controller:" Who said that"
Unidentified voice:" I said I was F#ckin' bored, not f#ckin' stupid"

SWA aircraft going to MDW.

Approach: SWA XXX, say speed.

SWA XXX: 250 knots.

Approach: Why do I even ask?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back