• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

best regionals to work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just remember beggers cant be chosers. And if you hear about a fast upgrade, you missed it. CHQ,REP,Shuttle are at the end of their growth, things will start to suck there.

jws717 said:
just remember beggers cant be chosers. And if you hear about a fast upgrade, you missed it. CHQ,REP,Shuttle are at the end of their growth, things will start to suck there.

Right, I have been hearing that for about 5 years now from guys like you. Not saying the quick upgrades will last forever, but I think they will last for a bit longer. ;)

just out of curiosity, hockeypilot, what is wrong with piedmont's dashes? worry more about pay and contract than if it has props or jets......JMHO

hockeypilot44 said:
1. piedmont - they fly dashes

2. maybe go jets...i get tired of seeing airlines bashed here all the time.
1. Absolutely, there may not be a lot of movement there but you would get to fly a legend. Not many dash drivers out there have any regrets. Also, see thread, "Here's to you t-prop man". Good stuff.

2. Have you read anything on here regarding this before? That took guts to even post.

As others have said before, 121 is 121 is 121. Whether you have 19 or 90 people behind you we are all doing the same thing (and in many cases getting paid the same amount). Maybe you should worry about being hired somewhere first and figure out WHO WANTS YOU, before you get so concerned about who you want. Happy Instructing!

bizzum said:
just out of curiosity, hockeypilot, what is wrong with piedmont's dashes? worry more about pay and contract than if it has props or jets......JMHO

nothing. piedmont's fleet is pretty old and i sometimes wonder how much longer piedmont will be around. i know they own their planes, and the planes are profitable, but you can't fly them forever. e.g. chocks. what do i know though? the flow-throught to mainline could come through, or piedmont could get newer aircraft.

Thats Chalk's, Chocks are what keep your airplane from rolling after it's turned off and the hydraulic pressure bleeds off. <sorry HP just ragging you>

Piedmont is suppose to be leasing additional Q300's and -100's

hockeypilot44 said:
air wisconsin - stagnant, but not bad
asa - fighting with management, losing planes to skywest
skywest - undercutting asa
mesa - need i say more
comair- about to take pay cuts, no growth, future up in air
tsa - *************************s fiasco, furloughing
*************************s - growing, but ********************ty airline to peers
chautauqua/shuttle/republic - growing, decent pay, ********************ty airline to peers
horizon - no growth
expressjet - excellent contract, but no growth
pinnacle - ********************ty contract, ********************ty pft pilots
mesaba - going backwards
psa - not bad, but no new upgrades in months or years
piedmont - they fly dashes

if i had to pick one as a cfi, i would probably take chautauqua yet everyone here bashes it along with mesa and other airlines. there's nothing out there much better. maybe go jets, but not worth it due to our peers. i get tired of seeing airlines bashed here all the time. we're all pilots trying to make a living, and we all want the best pay and quality of life that we can get. stop looking down on each other. every regional kind of sucks right now.

Just thought I'd add my bit...SkyW is not undercutting ASA. We bought them and are doing as necessary to keep ourselves competitive with Chataqua and Mesa.

Also, hourly an ASA pilot may appear to earn more...but by the time you get done adding in all the extras we get, SkyW pilots make more than ASA.

So if you're going to put stuff up, make sure you have a grasp on what you're preaching about.

Go to CHQ...their bases suck, commuting for the 170 is impossible.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back