"best forward speed"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TR4A said:
Don't you just love it when you are given "best forward speed" and then you are switched to the next controller and they give "slow to 250 knots".

yea.. i like it when you're told 310 or greater in the decent... so you change your decent point accordingly... start down, get switched over and then get told to slow to 250 or 210 or something.

dash8driver said:
yea.. i like it when you're told 310 or greater in the decent... so you change your decent point accordingly... start down, get switched over and then get told to slow to 250 or 210 or something.

Sounds like STL. Speed up...now slow down...now fly up your own a$$hole

Thedude said:
Sounds like STL. Speed up...now slow down...now fly up your own a$$hole

Is that even possible? Funny!

Lead Sled said:
Actually Vector4fun, it sounds like you could probably learn a few tricks from your buddies over at ASE. :D

'Sled

Shoot, if I did some of the things I was trained to do 25 years ago, my Supes would turn white, the airport manager would get two dozen nioise complaints, and the tower manager would have a stroke. But then, 25 years ago, there were no radar tapes to pull... ;)

Vector4fun said:
Shoot, if I did some of the things I was trained to do 25 years ago, my Supes would turn white, the airport manager would get two dozen nioise complaints, and the tower manager would have a stroke...
That sounds like our last departure out of SMO. :p

'Sled

Vector4fun said:
we have to make the most of every hole we get.

^ That's pretty much the philosophy I live my entire life by.

Latest resources

Back