• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Food Cooler

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I use this one. I have found it to be great if you have access to a freezer a couple of the nights. It has lots of extra storage for all the things you mentioned plus some "dry goods" like oat-meal, etc.

http://www.stopoverstore.com/product/detail.cfm/pnid/355/pnid2/1329/nid/1331/pid/1876

I got the same one. Love it!! Lots of different pockets for different stuff and large main compartment for the cooler. I think I paid around $30 from Stop Over Store last year.

The ice bag works great but...... don't buy the one in the picture. It has cloth sides with a rubber inner core. The cloth holds moisture and may get moldy after a long time....trust me. The pharmacy sells another one that is just rubber. No mold, no moisture, just cold food. Easy to get ice on every layover to keep your grub yummy.

mueller ice bag

http://www.google.com/images?q=muel...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=592

Last edited:
How does the Aerocoast cooler attach to your luggage? Is there straps to go over the luggage handle or do you have to carry it seperate?

It has a sleeve that fits over your luggage handle. Both the laptop and the cooler do, actually, so you can carry them separately if you only need one on a trip.

Just go to the camping section at Walmart and pick out the "8 pack cooler". It has a large zippered front pocket and a removable plastic hard shell liner. It keeps ice for 24 hours no problem and the carrying strap fits right over your rollerboard handle.

For cooking on the overnight, your hotel room and flight kit come with all of the essential tools.

1. Take iron out of closet and turn to desired heat setting.

2. Take Jepps binder/ FOM binder/ etc. and place on ironing board.

3. Open your binder and then open the rings up.

4. Place iron upside down in the "3 rings".

5. Close 3 rings so that iron is held firmly in the inverted position.

6. Place metal cookie sheet that you brought from home on iron.

7. Heat up a delicious stir fry/ fresh hamburger/ macaroni and cheese/ etc.

This really works and is an idea I was given by a 757 pilot who wanted to eat healthy in Europe but didn't want to fork over the money due to the horrible exchange rate.

The cookie sheet packs flat in your rollerboard so it doesn't take up any room. Irons get hot enough to do real grilling and you can make a killer stir fry (need metal bowl) if there is a local grocery store close by on your overnight.

Just go to the camping section at Walmart and pick out the "8 pack cooler". It has a large zippered front pocket and a removable plastic hard shell liner. It keeps ice for 24 hours no problem and the carrying strap fits right over your rollerboard handle.

For cooking on the overnight, your hotel room and flight kit come with all of the essential tools.

1. Take iron out of closet and turn to desired heat setting.

2. Take Jepps binder/ FOM binder/ etc. and place on ironing board.

3. Open your binder and then open the rings up.

4. Place iron upside down in the "3 rings".

5. Close 3 rings so that iron is held firmly in the inverted position.

6. Place metal cookie sheet that you brought from home on iron.

7. Heat up a delicious stir fry/ fresh hamburger/ macaroni and cheese/ etc.

This really works and is an idea I was given by a 757 pilot who wanted to eat healthy in Europe but didn't want to fork over the money due to the horrible exchange rate.

The cookie sheet packs flat in your rollerboard so it doesn't take up any room. Irons get hot enough to do real grilling and you can make a killer stir fry (need metal bowl) if there is a local grocery store close by on your overnight.

wow, post of the year!

and, I second the walmart cooler, the best!

Like hobos living in boxcars.

Ok, so.. you guys bring a cooler.. What do you put in it?

Latest resources

Back