Best Food Cooler

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Morgan

I have decided to start bringing my food on my trips, so I'm looking for the best food cooler. I normally do 4 days and even 6 days back to back sometimes, so I need one that keeps the food the coolest and has the best use of space. Also I'm looking for something that has pockets to put things in like forks, knives (plastic of course), etc. I'm tired of eating crap from these overpriced terminal restaurants. Thanks for the input.

Subscribing to this...I've been thinking exactly the same thing lately...

I have decided to start bringing my food on my trips...

I did the same thing, and for me the key was a crew room with a freezer, at my hub, where I could swap out the freeze-packs when I passed through. That plus the soft-side cooler of my choice worked pretty darn well.

I have decided to start bringing my food on my trips, so I'm looking for the best food cooler. I normally do 4 days and even 6 days back to back sometimes, so I need one that keeps the food the coolest and has the best use of space. Also I'm looking for something that has pockets to put things in like forks, knives (plastic of course), etc. I'm tired of eating crap from these overpriced terminal restaurants. Thanks for the input.

I use this one. I have found it to be great if you have access to a freezer a couple of the nights. It has lots of extra storage for all the things you mentioned plus some "dry goods" like oat-meal, etc.

http://www.stopoverstore.com/product/detail.cfm/pnid/355/pnid2/1329/nid/1331/pid/1876

I put ice in some low-profile Tupperware containers in the bottom of my bag, and pack the most temperature-sensitive things closest to the ice.

I'll second the Luggage Works lunch bag. It has enough room to pack plenty of food, and there is room for my headset, sunglasses, flashlight, gloves, and a winter hat in the top pouch.

Latest resources

Back