• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Flight Case

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Luggage Works Ballistic Nylon. Just started it's 4th year and still looks new. I removed the side pockets, but even with them it fits in the CRJ bin. Well worth the $$$. --> Click Here

eP.

I've had the LW bag for almost six years and it still looks good, though certainly not brand new. It fit's in the CRJ Bin, but it's tight and tends to wear the corners.

Overall I'd recommend this bag to anyone who wants to carry a lot of stuff. I keep two 3" Jepp binders, a 1/2" Jepp binder, an accordion of en route charts, my Bose headset in the case, sun glasses, and a host of miscellaneous other items. I used to carry a two D flashlight, but have downsized.

I've had the Coyoteworks case for a couple years now, and it's just now beginning to break in. It still looks pretty much like new, it wears like iron. I had the steel skid plates added too, and that seems to be about the best protection against bag drag you could buy.

On the inside, the floor of the case is a smooth piece of ABS plastic, so your jepps never come in contact with the hardware for the bottom of the bag, preventing your jepps from being torn up. When I bought mine, it came with a lifetime unconditional replacement warranty, including bag drag.

If you decide on the coyoteworks bag, I found an extra side pocket to be worth it, but the leather organizer, not so much. it's sewn flat, so you have to work with the leather to get it to stretch to hold anything, and with no straps to hold anything in, my pens/logbook/passport etc tend to wiggle loose if I'm not careful.

The only complaint I have is that with all the leather and steel, it's pretty heavy to tote. I imagine some women might find it too heavy, depending on how loaded it will be.

The ballistic nylon works well. It has a built in "junk drawer" on the front. The plastic rails on bottom have worn out after 6 years; the side pockets have holes in them now. Overall been a good case; plus it is cheap compared to the nice leather ones.

I have the Luggage Works flight case for almost 8 years now. The side pockets are worn but otherwise its holding up fine. You can put a ton in it, just have to remember that when you pick it up.

The Leather ones are nice, but heavy even when empty and expensive. I'm just too cheap to make that leap, especially with possible shipsets coming soon.

Latest resources

Back