• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Credit Card for Hotel Points?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Marriott card also has the Platinum and Gold features.

I know with the Platinum card (75 stays in a Marriott over a year) You get 500 aditional points with each stay and a 15% bonus for each point you spend. 75 stays sounds like a lot but if you do an aircraft initial training, you will aquire close to 30. Then getting another 45 over the course of a year, is not all that hard. Once you get to Platinum, they are very reluctant to remove your status.

You can also call up at anytime and request a challenge. The last time I checked all you had to do was spend 15 nights in 3 months for an upgrade from gold to platinum. I would reccomend doing this just prior to a recurrent. Then you will get 4 or 5 nights, in which case you only need 9 or 10 more over the course of 3 months.

The platinum card also allows you to bump anyone. You are guranteed a room even if the hotel is full, with 48 hours advance notice.

The last time I checked 250,000 points got you 2 round trip tickets to Hawaii, a weeks stay and a rental car discount voucher.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
The platinum card also allows you to bump anyone. You are guranteed a room even if the hotel is full, with 48 hours advance notice.

Yes, but if you read the fine print, it doesn’t count on "Special Events" in other words you're still SOL if the boss wants to go to Augusta, GA during Master's week.

Again I think 75 nights is too much for their top tier, for only 25 or 16 stays at Starwood or Hilton (respectively) you get the same benefits.

On the other hand there's a lot more Marriott’s around then there are others, so it’s usually easier to find a Marriott product.

501261 said:
On the other hand there's a lot more Marriott’s around then there are others, so it’s usually easier to find a Marriott product.
Not really, Hilton encompasses Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Homewood Suites, H Garden Inn, Conrad, and Hampton.

50% match with Diamond status and double dip for airline miles. 5 to 1 points on the Hilton AMEX with no annual fee.
Marriott has a pretty good deal too, but the miles are MUCH harder to build.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back