Best Credit Card for Hotel Points?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wndshr

Hello..do you guys have any gouge on the best credit card programs to accrue hotel points...hopefully, for a vacation every year? I heard that Am Express offers Hilton points with no annual fee....are there others that are better? Starwood? Thank you for the info!

I like AMEX.

Use it for everything possible and transfer points as necessary for hotel stays/ airline tickets.

the shopeamex site has just about anything you could want also.

good luck!

The Starwood Amex seems to be one of the best deals around. Starwood points seem to be a bit more handy (transferability to other programs) than HHonors points. Though I prefer staying at Hiltons and they let you "double dip".

I used to have a bunch of Marriott points, but it just seemed like I wasn't getting as much bang for my points as I did with Starwood or HHonors. For instance I think you need to spend something like 70 nights a year to get their top tier level versus 25 nights for Starwood Platinum.

Hyatt’s aren't bad there just aren't enough of them around to really bother with getting points on them.

I'd recommend finding a place to vacation first, for instance say you want to go to Moorea on vacation, well there's a pretty nice Sheraton on Moorea, so earn all the Starwood points you can get.

Get a credit card the is associated with the hotel you are staying with. I have an Hilton Honors AMEX and a visa for Marriot. The only problems is after a year they will charge you an annual fee. I talk my way out of mine.

I have got alot of use out of my points. My wife loves it. Airline tickets can be cheap so free hotel points are more valuable to me.

Good luck

consider hyatt if youre going to vacation overseas.

Grand Hyatts are the way to go at many Intl destinations! - way better than Marriott or Hilton!

I like just plain AMEX - then just move the points where you want...its not the best deal but you can do cars,hotels,tickets,computers,cameras,gift certificates,....even BBQ smokers...!!!

yum. BBQ.

You don't need no Stinking Points!!!!

Gulfstream 200 said:
consider hyatt if youre going to vacation overseas.

Grand Hyatts are the way to go at many Intl destinations! - way better than Marriott or Hilton!

I like just plain AMEX - then just move the points where you want...its not the best deal but you can do cars,hotels,tickets,computers,cameras,gift certificates,....even BBQ smokers...!!!

yum. BBQ.

Hey G,

With that $160k, you won't even be thinking about points anymore!!!;) :p :D

Last edited:
160K - thats what Im talkin' about!!!

(personally I think its bull$hit - but ya never know!)

100-120K - yup thats right...but 160??? ..not that I dont think we are worth it..but anyways..

until then I use hotel points to take the family places!!

gotta love this job.

:(

Hows that new gig treating you? some decent time off?

G200

Gig is going great! Not too much time off though. Should be pulling up to the five towers by 0900 your time tomorrow. Gotta love those redeyes. (That's worth 160k all by itself):D
I know, I'm dreaming.

We use Marriott(I've got the visa) almost all the time. Marriott triples the points for bucks spent at their hotels.

Do the others do the same? If not, the multiplication of points seems to tip in favor of Marriott.

I've got to look for a new department. These guys go to Outback instead of hunting for Bar-B-Q!;) TC

RICE,

I wish you were pulling up to the 5 towers at 0900 MY time.....
I have been 12 hrs off NY time (ASIA) too often lately..

why cant they just pay me 160K to sit home?

now IM dreaming.

hey, it could be worse - better busy than unemployed I suppose.

well..

:confused:

Latest resources

Back