• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best and worst airline uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My first NoPac crossing in DC-10 IOE, I got on the plane and everybody changed clothes for the ~8 hour trip (this was freight, of course).

The professional Engineer, a tan blonde female from California (you GAC guys know whom I'm talking about), put on a T-shirt that said, "I can't even THINK straight."

SWA/FO said:
You guys must go to bed early. The worst uniforms are Airborne Express (unless they have changed). They have (had) gray pants, yuck! and they probably have to pay for them. I really don't like ours they look to much like AA's. I wish we would have come up with something of our own! I don't wear the "hat" but I do think the United hat logo and Alaska hat logo look sharpe. I even think that new United paint job is sharp.

Actually AA's aren't too bad looking, nice wings and the silver/blue looks decent. However, the hat emblem has GOT to go.... and those hats they were look like they were squashed by a Mack truck!

Best Leather Jackets: ATA, SWA

Worst leather Jackets: AAI, Brown jacket, dark blue pants, white shirt and black shoes and belt.

A friend of mine flew for the Tuna fleet in the Pacific in a Hughes his standard uniform was Speedo's,sandals, and RayBans(ala Cool Hand Luke Style). I get ill to my stomache every time I think of a 220-250 lbs grey haired old knock about wearing that, I don't think I've eaten Tuna since then either.

Jobear

Huck said:
The professional Engineer, a tan blonde female from California (you GAC guys know whom I'm talking about), put on a T-shirt that said, "I can't even THINK straight."
D a m n!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst leather jackets AAI

I have to second that one. I wish we would either get rid of them or have that as our only option and change the actual jacket. I won't wear the thing thus forcing myself to wear the blazer with an overcoat in the winter and having to pack a sweater/jacket or something for the overnight outings.

IAHERJ

I'll just throw this out there...

Favorite F/A outfit: KLM...Lufthansa a close second and SIA in there someplace. Virgin Atlantic's aren't bad either.

That's just my opinion...I could be wrong.

Last edited:
The irony I see here is that at the same time we pilots are asking to be treated and compensated like the professionals we believe we are, we also want to dress like its casual Friday. Like it or not, when you walk through the airport people judge you in part by the way you look.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back