• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best and worst airline uniforms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freight dogs still gotta play the security game.

miles otoole said:
Why even wear a uniform at a freight carrier? I'd think some sort of flight suit would work great.

Seriously?

Even though you can buy a uniform off the internet it still gives you some credibility when you have to dance with the wand.

It's all silly, but there you have it.

Flight suit?

theflyingcondor said:
Best: Delta
Worst: UPS

Opinions?
Of course, I am partial to the JB uniforms. Like UPS, they are free to new hires and the company gives us a $200 annual allowance for maintenance and replacement, etc. The uniforms are supplied by The Field Shops in MIA right next door to the Airbus Training Center. I am not sure what will happen when we move our training center to MCO next year. We bring those folks a lot of business and they are great to us. It has been there in business for a long time and was really hurting when EAL and PAA went under.
Although the blue shirts have taken a lot of criticism, I kinda like them. We are now wearing heavier material, button-down collar type shirts and they hold their look longer and hide dirt and stains a lot better than white I presume. I have had numerous people (customers, F/A's from other carriers, friends) compliment the uniforms and not a single negative remark. Of course, if someone didn't like it it's highly unlikely they would tell you you look like shiest to your face. The company provides a leather jacket at the three year point that you can wear instead of the regular jacket. Nice touch I think. They also give you a overnight roller board. I think they still give out Travelpro brand if I recall.

And the biggie....... NO HATS!!

I had a interviewee use that as an answer to the question; what is it about jetBlue that you like the most? Made me laugh big time.

C yaaa

Last edited:
Delta has the best and sharpest uniforms by far.

Worst is probably JetBlue, blue shirts?!?! Doesn't even look like a pilot uniform, I bet this was thought of when they knew that the pilots would be helping Mr. and Ms. flight attendant clean the aircraft upon arrival at the gate. Blue doesn't get as dirty as white.. They give ya'll blue gloves too ?:D

just "plane" tacky.....

3 5 0

However, you'll have to do better than that to get a rise out of me. :rolleyes:
Okay...you smell bad too.

350DRIVER said:
Delta has the best and sharpest uniforms by far.

Worst is probably JetBlue, blue shirts?!?! Doesn't even look like a pilot uniform, I bet this was thought of when they knew that the pilots would be helping Mr. and Ms. flight attendant clean the aircraft upon arrival at the gate. Blue doesn't get as dirty as white.. They give ya'll blue gloves too ?:D

just "plane" tacky.....

3 5 0
A lot of corporate outfits wear blue shirts so they are hardly new to pilots. Some Air Force pilots wear blue shirts right? And truth be known, our uniforms were designed by Stan Herman (some NY designer big wig) and helping out in the cabin after a flight was the furthest thing from his mind. And yes, the gloves are blue as well and free, just like the entire uniform! ;)

good pun though.................

C yaaa

Ok, I must admit I like hats, I don't like to wear it, but I think it finishes the uniform and makes it look professional. That and it keeps the folks from asking me for more Diet Coke thinking I'm one of our many male F/A‘s. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Hey... you must have a pretty good Internet connection!!

Still waitin'..:p
The only thing I hate more than stupid threads is people with thick skin...I give up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back